Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ranking  (Read 1170 times)

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
Ranking
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:42:46 PM »
Can anyone give some insight on how I can tell what my class ranking would possibly be? I would look to our schools previous stats but this year my school adopted a new curve that went from a dreaded 2.3 to a much more favorable 2.9. I have a 3.3 average this semester and I'm eager to guesstimate my ranking. Anyone interested in helping me figure this out?

Thanks

shine on

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ranking
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 02:08:08 PM »
your school, if it provides rankings or any equivalents, will probably do so at the end of the full academic year.  Nobody here can estimate your current ranking.

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »
You are currently ranked 112. 

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 02:13:10 PM »

Actually, I just checked and I'm ranked 113 but you were close.

I was referring to more of a guestimation in percentiles.
shine on

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 02:15:07 PM »
What's the total class size?

Actually, I just checked and I'm ranked 113 but you were close.

I was referring to more of a guestimation in percentiles.

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 05:28:05 PM »
11300/total class size

Brisco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 08:15:12 PM »
My school is on a 3.0 and 3.25 is the cutoff for top 1/3

luckyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 08:37:40 PM »
anyone know how part time students and evening students factor in the ranking, im guessing most of the part time day students become full time next fall and no big deal with ranking, but evening students im more concerned with, you always hear that evening sections are easier, to we get ranked in with them?  and also do we get ranked with the ones that just started, or the ones a year ahead since we graduate at the same time, not that it matters since one would assume they have the same median, presumably the same median as the full timers

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 08:45:16 PM »
anyone know how part time students and evening students factor in the ranking, im guessing most of the part time day students become full time next fall and no big deal with ranking, but evening students im more concerned with, you always hear that evening sections are easier, to we get ranked in with them?  and also do we get ranked with the ones that just started, or the ones a year ahead since we graduate at the same time, not that it matters since one would assume they have the same median, presumably the same median as the full timers

Most schools rank student based on how many credits they have. So the part-time students are generally ranked separately even from the following year's class b/c they have more/less credits than they do.

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 12:08:02 AM »
I am a PT evening student and at my school, everyone is ranked by graduation date.