This is more a response to the things going on in my head after my first semester:
1) ***deleted this one in the interest of not starting the adminstration on any crazy witch hunt. maybe they will realize that they messed up, not the students.***
2) I spent A TON of time in my LRAW class. I had an A- average going into the final paper and got so stressed over doing well on it that I got a B-. While I know there are many 1Ls that would love to get a B- in LRAW, it kills me to know that my time was not well spent and with 75% of the grade based on the final memo, I’ll be lucky to get a B in the class.
3) I always knew that there would be people that could party all semester and still do well in school. It is amazing to me that they still exist in Law School. One classmate appeared to be stoned every day in class, when he was awake, and he has all A’s at this point. I’m not even upset about it…just shocked. Congratulations to him. Hopefully the rest of his life is as painless as it appears to be.
4) I’m glad I made time for the people in my life that cared about me before I started school. They were there to help me forget the pain over the break and helped me smile after the “1L grade shock” hit me.
5) At some point, I hope that I can stop thinking about everyone else, and focus on me. Why should I care how everyone else does?
Anyway, it's over. Now for round two....
Good luck to all you other 1Ls going back to hell. Only 115 days until finals.