Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: All rejections created equal?  (Read 1226 times)

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
All rejections created equal?
« on: January 05, 2006, 12:19:40 PM »
I have a ton of rejections, but some have asked me to reapply for the summer of my 2L year. Does this really mean that they would like me to reapply, or is it a standard thing firms put in rejection letters?

BigTex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: All rejections created equal?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 05:24:52 PM »
That's the standard pleasantry that shows up in the rejection letters i've received as well.

I have a ton of rejections, but some have asked me to reapply for the summer of my 2L year. Does this really mean that they would like me to reapply, or is it a standard thing firms put in rejection letters?

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 12:36:56 AM »
Thanks. :-) If they want transcripts, that's a good sign, right? Or rather, it's a better sign than a flat-out rejection?

BigTex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 01:46:36 PM »
Oh, you mean you got letters that say, basically: "we're not rejecting you for a 1L summer internship, but we want to see your grades first before we make a decision". If so, i've not received that kind of letter. I've either been invited to interview (still no law firm offers though) or been flatly rejected. The "let's-see-your-grades-first" sort of letter sounds a lot better than a rejection.

Thanks. :-) If they want transcripts, that's a good sign, right? Or rather, it's a better sign than a flat-out rejection?

ApproachTheBench

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 10:54:51 AM »

Who knows?  I don't know if this question can be answered.

Just apply there next year and find out!
Save time, save money, find a summer job at http://www.approachthebench.com