Law School Discussion

Anyone extremely disappointed by 1L grades? I am...

Re: Anyone extremely disappointed by 1L grades? I am...
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2006, 06:38:36 AM »
I am dying to know my ranking...can someone let me know how I can calculate it (ok not calculaet but at least a guesstimate) if my school doesn't rank until the end of the year? My school runs a B curve. Thanks

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2006, 10:30:57 AM »
I had a bad first semester. My school (a tier 2) uses a B curve and I got a C in Torts which was the class I thought I would do my best in.

And I got a B- for legal writing where I should have at least gotten a B. I was getting a B+ for that class until I got caught up with trying to help another law student who was having a nervous break down. At the time I really should have been studying for a test worth 15% of my grade. I flunked the test and as a result my grade in that class dropped to a B-.

I didn't fear better in Contracts were I also got a B-, and my best grade this semester turned out to be a B in criminal law which was ironically the class I paid the least attention in.

So now I'm sitting on a 2.5 GPA and am disappointed as hell. I had dreams finding a good legal internship for the summer but perhaps all that is out the window. Oh well I hope this semester will be a different story with my grades.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2006, 11:07:21 AM »
I'm finally getting some grades.  I got an A- in legal writing, and a B+ in another class.  3 more grades to go...

S|

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2006, 03:37:02 AM »
Not bad.  I finally got all my grades; three As and one A-.  Our class rank comes out tomorrow, so I am pretty excited about that. Unless some freak got an A+ then I should be golden.

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2006, 06:47:21 AM »
I had a bad first semester. My school (a tier 2) uses a B curve and I got a C in Torts which was the class I thought I would do my best in.

And I got a B- for legal writing where I should have at least gotten a B. I was getting a B+ for that class until I got caught up with trying to help another law student who was having a nervous break down. At the time I really should have been studying for a test worth 15% of my grade. I flunked the test and as a result my grade in that class dropped to a B-.

I didn't fear better in Contracts were I also got a B-, and my best grade this semester turned out to be a B in criminal law which was ironically the class I paid the least attention in.

So now I'm sitting on a 2.5 GPA and am disappointed as hell. I had dreams finding a good legal internship for the summer but perhaps all that is out the window. Oh well I hope this semester will be a different story with my grades.

Im with you brother

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2006, 10:30:05 PM »
2.7 on a 3.0 curve.  My grades were remarkably similar, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8.  Needless to say I'm shocked at the consistency and not all that happy.  But I guess it's not anything that isn't recoverable.

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2006, 04:21:06 AM »
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the ramifications of getting a 2.7 on a 3.0 curve?

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2006, 08:47:34 AM »
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the ramifications of getting a 2.7 on a 3.0 curve?

Curve is B, I pretty much got 3 B- to put it another way.

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2006, 10:59:16 AM »
Not bad.  I finally got all my grades; three As and one A-.  Our class rank comes out tomorrow, so I am pretty excited about that. Unless some freak got an A+ then I should be golden.

hahaha.  Yeah, I'm disappointed by my grades too.  Nothing less than a 4.0 is acceptable!

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2006, 12:28:11 PM »

I ended up getting an A+, A, A-, and B+. I have absolutely no idea how that happened. The only thing I could surely say after I took each was that I didn't think I failed.