Law School Discussion

Anyone extremely disappointed by 1L grades? I am...

Re: Anyone extremely disappointed by 1L grades? I am...
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2006, 02:54:15 PM »
Probably bottom 45% or so. 

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2006, 06:35:15 AM »
I have seen other posts similar to mine on other boards.  I will not apoligize for asking the question.  I was only seeking a general NOT specific answer. I know you nor anyone else can say. 
"Tymeless, you will rank 2/144." My school actually does not rank or post percentage until next year.

And by the way I thought 3.0 equated to a B.  Not a B-.  Or am I that stupid?

Thank you though for letting me know that I should seek a response to my question elsewhere or at least on a more user friendly board. 

You should ask your admissions/records office as to where your GPA fell on the curve for the class before you. That should give you a general idea as to where you stand in this years class.

HTH

Thank you I will call today. 

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2006, 10:13:52 AM »
I'd say you're a lock for top 92 percentile. Good Job!!!  ;D

American Can-do attitude will take you to the top!!!

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2006, 04:21:41 AM »
Chances are, s/he was/is at a T4, considering that extremely low curve. I still say s/he can get a decent job. Read "Guerilla Tactics for Getting the Legal Job of Your Dreams." The author explains how anyone can get a job, regardless of his/her school or grades. While this proposition may be somewhat of an exaggeration, I think it's true to some extent. If you figure out how to network, interview, and market yourself the right way, you can get a decent job even with low grades. Yea, you won't get a BIGLAW job, but you'll get something.

Actually, I'm in a tier 2 school, which is on the cusp of being tier 1. We're at like #56 or so.

Adding in this semester's GPA I have a CGPA of 2.7

If you're below the curve, drop out! Believe me, that decision will pay off in the long run!