Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sick of manually typing your case briefs?  (Read 1064 times)

BearsLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Sick of manually typing your case briefs?
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:02:49 AM »
This is too good to be true…case briefs totally “streamlined”.

Finally, someone gets it! I am a Berkeley student and my securities reg. class gets to use electronic textbooks this year.  I used the software today and it kicks ass. 

First, you can do some cool searches …which is a plus.  I was totally blown away by the auto summary feature.   I can highlight and write notes in the text and categorize my notes.  Then, which a click, everything is automatically summarized.  It is like an automatic case brief! It rocks!

Anyhow, anyone can download an 8 day trial.  There are a few West and Foundation textbooks available to download at http://www.fourteen40.com/

Here is another plus, the books are available for 20% less than the print textbook. 

Go Bears!

SleepyGuyYawn

• View Profile
Re: Sick of manually typing your case briefs?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 01:27:40 AM »
Seems suspiciously like an advertisement...

Go West!

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 02:13:01 AM »
I agree. Especially with only one post to his name.

Seems suspiciously like an advertisement...

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 02:59:36 AM »
BearsLaw -

Go eat a bungload of poop.
check the footnotes ya'll

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 06:51:23 AM »
My thought - yes, it is an ad. A feeble attempt at "guerilla marketing." As for the namedropping on West/Foundation (both owned by West), I think that's because they've licensed these products and are namedropping to give themselves some legitimacy. Plus, this service is out of Salt Lake city, and West-land is up in MN.

BearsLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 10:15:09 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate the kind replies.  I did an undergrad in marketing, but was not trying to market this for anyone.  I am new to this group and perhaps a naive do gooder and mealy thought other law students might like this. Did not think i would piss off the group.

I am a simple Berkeley student and my professor is making this available.  It is professor Sonsini.  I have no idea if this company is related to West…

I totally thought that sharing this would help others and fit into the purpose of this forum. If this forum is the wrong place to share tips and tricks for law school then I totally apologize. My bad...i will try another topic.

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 11:00:50 PM »
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say we were a tough crowd.  That said, if you go on any forum, whether it's a soccer forum, a sewing forum, or whatever forum and the first post you put out there looks like an advertisement, you're going to really get it from the more veteran members. It's almost like a forum no-no. Several moderators of other forums I participate on would delete this type of posting. 

BearsLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 11:11:56 PM »
Thanks for the good advice. I will watch myself in my future postings.  Anyhow, it will be interesting if this product will be any good.  I am willing to try it out for this semester.  Any thoughts or advice from a veteran member?

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »
Sorry bearlaw.  I'm not interested in anything extra than what is required by my school (like books and tuition) whether that's supplements or software like what this thread is about. 

Good luck.

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 01:37:10 AM »
Wow, I would LOVE to get my books electronically, but with only three books, looks like a no-go for now.  The would rock with my tablet PC!