Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Widener DE-Fall 2006  (Read 4759 times)

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
Re: Widener DE-Fall 2006
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 06:57:42 PM »
Anyone going to the Admitted Students reception on April 1st?  What is the dress code for something like that?  I'm thinking business casual, but am not the most fashion conscious person in the world.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 05:25:55 PM »
i'm going also, and I'm a firm believer in the idea that you can't overdress to something like that, so I may not wear a full suit (basically because I don't have one that fits) but i'll definatly wear a shirt and tie

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 03:22:17 PM »
i'm going also, and I'm a firm believer in the idea that you can't overdress to something like that, so I may not wear a full suit (basically because I don't have one that fits) but i'll definatly wear a shirt and tie

I'll probably do business casual.  A nice pair of pants and a dress shirt.  Probably no tie.  Anyone else on here going?

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 05:44:29 PM »
I just got my acceptance in the mail today, I plan on going to the admitted students day tomorrow as well, but have absolutely NO information on it....  Anyone know what time it starts??  Thanks!

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 06:29:17 PM »
I forgot to register for it in time so I'm going to the beach instead, I think it starts at 10, but I would call them, at least to let them know you are coming and if it's okay for you to show up without registering

pappy13

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

wear a tux

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 10:42:18 PM »

wear a tux

why don't you wear sweatpants, that'll be a nice way to impress the people who are going to be evaluating you for the next three years.  Damn maybe if you wore a shirt tie slacks and jacket (we call them suits) you can take the jacket off if you feel overdressed.  Just a thought thought.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 10:24:28 PM »
Just came home from Widener...ok, I came home about 6 hours ago, but I took a nap.  I have to say I came away floored at how awesome the school is.  I got to hear Prof Johnston speak and I want him for Civ Pro.  The campus is smallish, but everything you need is right there.

All in all, I am really amped about going there now.  I can't wait until Aug 14th.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 10:27:38 PM »

wear a tux

why don't you wear sweatpants, that'll be a nice way to impress the people who are going to be evaluating you for the next three years.  d**mn maybe if you wore a shirt tie slacks and jacket (we call them suits) you can take the jacket off if you feel overdressed.  Just a thought thought.

BTW, there was not one prospective student who was super dressed up.  Many were in jeans and golf shirts.  Orientation will probably be different, but I can't put too much stock into a function at which no one really asked for your name after registration and there were no name tags.  I seriously doubt anyone of importance is going to remember in August what you wore in April, especially when you were but a face in the crowd.

But then, what do I know.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 11:35:26 PM »
kmpnj, you enjoyed the accepted students day, i'm a little upset i missed it, did you pick up any good info.