Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Widener DE-Fall 2006  (Read 4906 times)

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
Re: Widener DE-Fall 2006
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 02:56:43 AM »
kmpnj, you enjoyed the accepted students day, i'm a little upset i missed it, did you pick up any good info.

I picked up some good info, but nothing I wouldn't be able to pick up off the website.  Mostly, the main benefit was meeting the people who go there and the people who run the place.  The student panel was informative, after some idiot's mother stopped talking on her cell phone during the discussion.

I found out a lot about law review and that the top 5% grade on.  I'm planning on being in that 5%.  The tour was good.  It appears that most of the action takes place in the main law building.  The students seemed reasonably intelligent, but not superbly so.

I think I was most impressed by the fact that they seemed like really nice people.  I had a very good conversation with the Financial Aid guy and he told me to call him over the next few weeks to discuss my financial aid situation.  All in all, it seems that they are really there to help the students.

monika

• View Profile
Re: Widener DE-Fall 2006
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 06:23:52 PM »
DO NOT GO TO WIDENER! I realize you think that hard work automatically pays off but there are plenty of law student's at Widener that bust their asses for 3 years only to be unable to find a job that can pay off their debt. The only trial law you will practice out of Widner is some DUI cases and a whole lot of personal injury. If you are really lucky, maybe some wrongful death. Sounds like a great career. Good luck!