Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Quick Exams Question from a soon-to-be 1L  (Read 2002 times)

Unknown601

• View Profile
Re: Quick Exams Question from a soon-to-be 1L
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 07:46:33 PM »
Havent posted in ages but if u have the option and you can type even fairly decently then type. I go to the same school as MichaelK and I typed my exams and finished my civpro final w/ about 5 min left. Now I had a different civpro prof then Michael but if I had to hand write all of my exams, I think I might have just hung myself halfway through the 2nd or 3rd test.
Now to answer the question that OP actually asked, from what I've heard from other students, many (most?) schools have some sort of option to use laptops.

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 09:58:19 AM »
Well, so much for that...

I finally found the information I was looking for on the website of the school that is my first choice and they do not allow laptops to be used on exams...

This is a real bummer...my handwriting really sucks and I can forsee this being held against me on exams...plus, I find it easier to put an complex thought down on paper when I can quickly edit and erase the text in front of me as you can do with a word processor program...

ellie500

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 10:06:34 AM »
how bout this one - we had an option of blue book writing or using a TYPEWRITER...you had to bring your own typewriter.  Needless to say most people hand-wrote.  It sucked.

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 02:42:36 PM »
how bout this one - we had an option of blue book writing or using a TYPEWRITER...you had to bring your own typewriter.  Needless to say most people hand-wrote.  It sucked.

Yep...that's exactly the policy at the school I am planning to go to....

Your school isn't in Michigan by any chance, is it?

Unknown601

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 04:37:19 PM »
Typewriter?!?!?!? Geez. If u ask really nicely will they let u use a stone tablet and chisel?

SleepyGuyYawn

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 05:43:59 PM »
Yea, at my law school, 90% of students use laptops for exams.  And generally (I think) mult. choice questions rarely make up more than a third of any exam (that may be different for fourth tier schools, as they focus more on preparing students for the bar exam, which has a lot of mult choice).  And many exams (most exams at many schools) have no mult choice or short answer questions at all -- only issue spotters. 

ellie500

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 11:22:02 AM »
I know - crazy, huh?  No, not Michigan. UW Madison