Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Grade Requirements for getting a summer job  (Read 2310 times)

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Grade Requirements for getting a summer job
« on: December 26, 2005, 03:22:31 AM »
HI,

I was just curious about this. So if a student got for instance all C's or all B's and a D or something to that effect, should they not apply to any job which requests a copy of their transcripts? I am just wondering what happens to the students who didn't get all A's or B's. Are they doomed? Or are there plenty of jobs which don't ask for first semester grades?

I felt confident when I took my exams well except for one, but as a first year student I don't know what to expect. So these thoughts have run across my mind, since I know alot of jobs request to see your 1st semester grades. Ok, as you can see I am still  waiting to recieve my grades.  ???

Thanks  :)
HUSL 1L

1HellChicago

• View Profile
Re: Grade Requirements for getting a summer job
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 11:00:52 PM »
Bump - I'm wondering the same thing. I do have my grades, and unfortunately have 4 good ones (B+/A-) and then one "C" that stands out... I'm afraid I'm ruined.

ApproachTheBench

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »
I think you should apply to all the places you can.  Seriously.  What's the worst that can happen, they say no? 

I really believe that the more firms you apply to, the better chance you have at getting hired (that's why I wrote ApproachTheBench, because I wanted it to be easy to apply everywhere quickly.)

My 1L year I got probably 95 rejections but I did get an offer, so hey that's $25k in the bank for sitting around in a library for a summer.  Those rejections didn't seem so bad anymore! :-)
Save time, save money, find a summer job at http://www.approachthebench.com

ApproachTheBench

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 10:58:51 AM »
Bump - I'm wondering the same thing. I do have my grades, and unfortunately have 4 good ones (B+/A-) and then one "C" that stands out... I'm afraid I'm ruined.

You're not ruined!  It's just a grade, just 1 grade.  Just get your resume out there and see what happens.  Are you at U of Chicago?

I'm at UVA and the mean here is 3.33, I'm just about at the mean, but I've been very surprised at how many people interviewing me didn't know that the mean was 3.33 and complimented me on my great grades. 
Save time, save money, find a summer job at http://www.approachthebench.com