Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IU-B Class of 09  (Read 7290 times)

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
IU-B Class of 09
« on: December 25, 2005, 11:58:08 PM »
Hey everybody. IU-B is starting to look nicer the more I look at it, and assuming I don't squeeze in at any of my reaches, I'll probably end up in B-Town. Anyone else considering it?

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

lah05

• View Profile
Re: IU-B Class of 09
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 09:50:30 PM »
I'll be there.  Well, I guess I'm already sort of there (first-year grad student).  Planning to do the joint MPA/JD program.  Anybody else considering?  If anyone has any questions about IU or Bloomington in general, feel free to ask away!
Attending:  Indiana University-Bloomington
Go Hoosiers!

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 02:06:01 AM »
I haven't been to B-Town, but from what I've seen of it on the net, it doesn't seem to represent a town of 70,000+ people. Does it have a really small town feel?

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from ND, but even if I get in, I have to say that IU-B looks just as appealing, in a different way. The Federal Courts Clinic seems very interesting as does the Minor in Business and the Entrepeneurship Clinic. ND seems to be lacking in its clinical and special programs compared to IU-B.

Anyway, I'm from Elizabethtown, just south of Louisville, so I'm sure I know what the people and atmosphere are like in B-town... I'm looking forward to a visit!

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 01:11:55 PM »
I haven't been to B-Town, but from what I've seen of it on the net, it doesn't seem to represent a town of 70,000+ people. Does it have a really small town feel?

It does, especially downtown/near campus, expect for the fact that it has a true college-town social scene.
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

lah05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 05:32:42 PM »

I grew up in a town of 250 people, so my idea of a "small town feel" is generally different from most others.  I would have to agree that the downtown area does have a small town feel to it, but it is a very cultured small town feel. 
Go Hoosiers!

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 12:00:10 AM »
Well, tomorow it will be official... I pick IU-B and am lookin' forward to meeting my future 1L suffering-mates.

Elektra0712

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 02:20:03 PM »
Hey I'll be there, do you know of any places that allow small dogs?
IU-Bloomington it is!

DCrell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 02:37:44 PM »
Renaissance Rentals. They have several properties and I think they are great. I live in one of their townhouses now, but I am movign away in the fall for Michigan. Check them out. Wonderful company.

lah05

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 02:11:03 AM »
Woodbridge allows dogs in their apartments, and The Crossing (formerly a part of Woodbridge) does also.  I'm not sure that I'd recommend either though.  They are on 10th Street past the Bypass (a bit of a trek from the law school and downtown).  Woodbridge management staff are nice, but a bit slow to take care of things.  The Crossing management are sort of sketchy (and do not allow subleasing).  I'm in the Crossing for this coming year, but I'm not thrilled about it.  Had second semester last year not kicked my ass, I would have been out looking for someplace closer. 
Go Hoosiers!

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 11:46:39 AM »
I've been looking at The Fields apartments and some 1 bedrooms at Covenanter Hill. They cost a little more than average, but they are expensive enough to scare away a few undergrads, right next to an IU bus line, and on the east side of town with the mall/restaurants/I65/ect.