Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Grades????  (Read 6206 times)

WKRUSE

Grades????
« on: December 23, 2005, 10:21:33 AM »
We don't find out our grades until Jan 11.  The wait will kill me.

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Grades????
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 05:57:59 PM »
February at the earliest, and its been known to be March.

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 06:00:31 PM »
That's so crappy. What if you got all C's and decide to drop out? Well, too late you've already paid for Spring semester and you're a month into it. Not that I think that will happen, but still.

dustoffdax

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life is Bueno!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 08:43:35 PM »
4 Feb is the rumor at Samford (Cumberland).

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 10:47:12 PM »
4 Feb is the rumor at Samford (Cumberland).

Grades at Florida State just leak out during the break as the professors finish grading their section's tests. I've recieved 3 out of my 5 grades so far. I've recieved the grade from my first final, (Contracts...pleasently suprised)  the grade from my last final, (Property...pretty much what I figured) and my legal research grade (and that one really sucked)

The good news is that I'm in no danger of failing out of school, but the bad news is that as of right now, I've got an average of 87, which means that any hopes of finishing in the top 10 percent of the class are snubbed. On the other hand, Dean's list begins at 86... however, one lousy grade out of the remaining two classes (Torts and Civil Pro) will screw me over.

This leaking out of grades is a slow agony in itself because I find myself checking the law school's website a couple of times a day to see if my grades have been posted...but oh well....kinda reminiscent of waiting for my LSAT score to come out, but worse...

lawschool1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 02:08:26 AM »
hey 87 is not bad.. congrats.. i hope ihave an 87 average...

i dk.. when my grades are coming.. (north jersey law school)

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 03:52:10 PM »
Yeah, complaining about an 87 average is pretty ridiculous.  ::) This is why I don't tell anybody my grades. I'm still waiting on two classes, worth a total of 6 credits. It seems like those grades will never come in. I feel really bad for the folks who have to wait until February.

plumbert

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005, 12:41:51 AM »
Profs at the University of San Francisco have three weeks from exams to submit grades, so I'm expecting to get the news right about the first week of Spring Semester classes.

Brisco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2005, 02:06:07 AM »
That's so crappy. What if you got all C's and decide to drop out? Well, too late you've already paid for Spring semester and you're a month into it. Not that I think that will happen, but still.

1L grades are delayed so that you can not drop out and get a full tuition reimbursment for the second semester. 2L/3L grades come out several weeks earlier, some schools even have 2L/3L grades available before new years.

norm012001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 07:55:19 PM »
I don't get mine until late January but probably early February.  I was thinking of trying to transfer if I did well, but I haven't looked into that at all, it may already be too late.
3.19/165, 6yrs work experience, EE Master's

Accepted: GWU, GMU, American
Waitlist: Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, UVa
Withdrawn: UNC (withdrew in mid March, tired of waiting)