Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: making online Law schools ABA is a bad thing  (Read 13550 times)

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
Re: making online Law schools ABA is a bad thing
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 12:47:18 PM »
wow i made a typo on an internet board, i must be a non aba dl now.  No my parents do not know I am on an adult message board although your daughter does, tell her I will pick her up at 10.

I apologize. I had you pegged all wrong; it seems you may be somewhere between the ages of 12-17, though lacking in formal education.

Also, based on the above post, I can assume A) you try to pick up girls on internet message boards (probably resulting from a failure to do so by more traditional means) and B) the girls you try to pick up are within the age range of those still living at home (high school and younger- so you're possibly a pedophile), or C) you're so lacking in creativity that you still use jokes from 15 years ago; AND D) you'll never make a good lawyer or law student because you make hasty and erroneous assumptions (I am a 25 yr. old full-time JD/MPH student at GW, engaged with no children).

In sum, I am saddened by the possibility that you might be a law student somewhere and that some poor client someday might have to rely on your advice. It wasn't just your typo, everybody has them, but it was your surprisingly ignorant reasoning combined with it. 

As far as the OP goes, I don't see purely online law schools being ABA recognized any time in the near future. However, I feel that their utility is one that shouldn't be overlooked. It is only fair that those who do not have the option of attending a traditional law school be given the opportunity to sit for the bar; if they pass, you learn most of what you know in practice on the job anyway.   

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 01:10:56 PM »
funny thing is he will get a job and non abas will never pass bar much less get a job.  so yea he makes typos but he will be your boss lol.

I am not a DL student, or a non ABA student...  I also never stated my position on making online law schools ABA...  My sentiments are basically the same as johns259's. 

lawafter40

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2007, 02:00:54 PM »
i know you are not a lawyer, thats why u are on a lawschool board.  I am so a doctor now as I have seen er, so do not asume I am not a doctor, screw the ama and the aba   I am now a doctor

There might be the germ of a thought in here, but the syntax is so mangled that I couldn't tease any meaning from this sentence.

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2007, 05:16:03 PM »
i know you are not a lawyer, thats why u are on a lawschool board.  I am so a doctor now as I have seen er, so do not asume I am not a doctor, screw the ama and the aba   I am now a doctor

There might be the germ of a thought in here, but the syntax is so mangled that I couldn't tease any meaning from this sentence.

I would pay money to see duckasourus' LSAT writing sample...

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2007, 07:33:37 PM »

not more than a dollar, i would hope.

make it 50 cents.  i suspect that duckasourus (duckasauros?) and jessicahart are one and the same.

johns259

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • GW Law
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2007, 07:54:02 PM »

Yeah, as soon as he actually takes the LSAT.

He's probably studying for his high school exit exam right now, either that or his parents grounded him from the computer.

lawafter40

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2007, 08:14:55 PM »
funny thing is he will get a job and non abas will never pass bar much less get a job.  so yea he makes typos but he will be your boss lol.

Um, no.

He will get a "job."

On the other hand I will pass the bar and be just fine, thanks. My gig is lined up. It's not biglaw. If I were 25 I'd be stressing about interviews and prestige and on which tier my school resides. I haven't held a "job" in 25 years.

I don't care about making partner. Don't care about impressing anyone. Already have a comfortable income and investments. This is to partner with a dear friend's firm, bring my 20 years of business and entertainment industry experience to them, and have a good time abusing illiterate ABA associates like Ducky and Jessy.

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2007, 12:41:15 AM »
My father had trouble passing the bar too, but it was a long walk from the mill and he was thirsty...  Couldn't resist this old joke  :D

lawafter40

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2007, 10:05:15 AM »
My father had trouble passing the bar too, but it was a long walk from the mill and he was thirsty...  Couldn't resist this old joke  :D

<polite golf clap>

Bravo.