Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I passed the Baby Bar---Just barely.............  (Read 16027 times)

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
Re: I passed the Baby Bar---Just barely.............
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 12:16:09 PM »
Well that is certainly a hell of a challenge.  Being self motivated is a great asset that will serve you well.  Any idea what kind of law you are interested in?

DO/JD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »
Not much baby bar information online

Anyone took it recently or not too recent and have nay comments?

Sako

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 12:51:52 PM »
Oct 06.  What do you want to know?

DO/JD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 01:44:50 AM »
Oct 06.  What do you want to know?

Hey Sako

How did you do?

How did you prepare?

How would you prepare if you had to do it again?

123gb gave some advice (above) which seems reasonable, what is your opinion on it?

Do you think the BB is a more doable (easier) exam if you have previously excelled academically or such a background really doesn't do much?

Thanks in advance

Sako

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 11:55:38 AM »
I used the Fleming's Baby Bar review home study course.  40+ essays in each topic, outlines for each topic, MC in each topic, and audio cassette; great stuff.  I wrote out under timed conditions 10 or 11 essays in each topic, did about 700 MC total, and issue spotted another 13 or so essays in each topic.  That plus the review tapes worked very well for me.

When I found an area that I was consistently missing (partially or completely), I would study the Gilbert's summaries on that area until I had it down.

One thing you need to understand is the format that the examiners want to see answers in.  I believe that, content being equal, proper format can significantly affect the grade.  Studying the model answers will help with this.

I got an A.

DO/JD

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 12:23:03 PM »
Hi Sako

Congratulations!!

What year Fleming's did you use?

I figured from 123gb's post that yes, one would need to stick to certain essay formats to avoid being "misgraded". But what are sources of these model answers?

I found this site which shows "model answers" http://www.calbarqanda.com/ , is theirs a good example of "model answers" and are there others?

Thanks

P.S.

Also, I read somewhere that this book "Study Partner Baby Bar Exam Writing" is good to study (solo) from for the first year, do you know anything about it or any other book that will allow you to do well, w/o spending countless hours on textbooks?

I used the Fleming's Baby Bar review home study course.  40+ essays in each topic, outlines for each topic, MC in each topic, and audio cassette; great stuff.  I wrote out under timed conditions 10 or 11 essays in each topic, did about 700 MC total, and issue spotted another 13 or so essays in each topic.  That plus the review tapes worked very well for me.

When I found an area that I was consistently missing (partially or completely), I would study the Gilbert's summaries on that area until I had it down.

One thing you need to understand is the format that the examiners want to see answers in.  I believe that, content being equal, proper format can significantly affect the grade.  Studying the model answers will help with this.

I got an A.