Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Burn Out  (Read 3710 times)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Burn Out
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 07:30:37 PM »
update- so it is funny this post popped back up since i wrote that in December.  My grades turned out well, but civ pro was my lowest grade (luckily it was a midterm worth 25% b/c it is a year long class)

i just had my first final this round yesterday.  no 24 hour finals this time and my exams are more spaced out.  i am still sleep deprived and heavily caffinated but not as stressed out.

i agree w/ lostmymonkeys.  i didnt slack off during the semester, but right before exams i need to work my ass off.  studying about 14-16 hours a day- i go to the gym every day and try to eat healthy.  having 1-2 red bulls and tons of tea.  just my style- it worked last semester so i dont want to change it now. diff strokes for diff folks maybe

LALaw04

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 12:22:43 AM »
Everyone's got a different style.  Some people need to chill after a final.  Others finish a final and go straight to the library to start studying for the next one.  Do whatever feels right for you.  If you feel like you need a break, by all means TAKE IT.  Finals aren't as a big a deal afer all is said and done as they feel right now.
I created these for some friends.  Enjoy:

http://www.cafepress.com/lawgear

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 12:26:36 AM »
I agree w/everyone here about studying all semester and then putting that extra push in towards the end (I don't know how anyone crams at the end.)
However, it makes for a lllllllllllllllllllllllllonnn nnnnng last couple of weeks.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

charleyadrian

• View Profile
Social Question
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 10:38:31 AM »
Did any of you go into seclusion and cut off contact with friends and loved ones while doing bar review courses?  My boyfriend is taking the test in about a week. Around a month and a half prior to now he just got crazy.  He works as a computer engineer during the day and takes his bar review at night. He listens to the tapes during his commute and he has just dropped out of sight. Is that normal? Am I taking it too personally?   

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 11:46:46 AM »
he's nailing another chick FOR SURE

oh

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 04:21:43 PM »
he's nailing another chick FOR SURE

He won't start nailing the other chick until he passes the bar and decides to upgrade.  I mean in case he fails he's gonna need a mercy mount or two to raise his spirits...he'll get the younger and prettier model after the first job offer.