School Specific Boards > Georgetown

1L's Fall '06

<< < (2/3) > >>

Illusion18:
I think that things in SE and by the stadium are still transitional, but it's street by street, so there are some nicer neighborhoods.  Otherwise, it's going to be hard finding a place to live that's in DC that's cheap.  Right now I'm looking at the Columbia Heights/U Street area, which is kind of near Adams Morgan but once again, it's very transitional.  If you're willing to move a little further out, Northern Virginia is a nice area.  Also, if you're willing to pay more, you can probably find a nice english basement apartment in the Eastern Market area which I really enjoy.  But that's all I've got.  :)

The Spanish Teacher:
Do you think that an English basement around Eastern Market would be comfortable for two people? I've also been looking at the U Street area.  I've heard that it's changing a lot and that it's becoming a nice neighborhood.

Also, have you heard of any books to read before 1L? I've read a lot of different things - some people say read Planet Law School or Law School Confidential, while others say read as much non-law related stuff because you won't get a chance to read anything for fun during law school and after.

legapp:

Is anyone else attending the January 26-27 admitted students days?

I'm kind of leaning elsewhere, but thought it might be a good idea to visit Georgetown before making a decision.

joysephene:
I'm starting GULC this fall part time as well!  I work for USEPA in Chicago right now, and I'm transferring to DC.  I'm nervous about the work load.  5 nights a week sounds tough!  I'm hoping the night program students are cool.  I keep hearing from friends in law school that their classmates can be vicious.

The Spanish Teacher:

--- Quote from: legapp on December 26, 2005, 11:24:21 AM ---
Is anyone else attending the January 26-27 admitted students days?

I'm kind of leaning elsewhere, but thought it might be a good idea to visit Georgetown before making a decision.

--- End quote ---

I won't be attending the January open house.  I will be going to the one in March.  Anyone else going?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version