Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: F Grades....Please help freaking out!  (Read 6956 times)

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: F Grades....Please help freaking out!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 09:44:20 AM »
For f--k's sake, will you just find out your school's grade curve works?  It must be available somewhere - do they keep it secret?  Check your school's registrar website, or the registrar itself, or maybe even career services. 

cuteprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 01:12:45 PM »
My school grades on a curve and about 1-2 people get A's and 1-2 get F's.  That's how the grading system works.  Hopefully your school doesn't give out Fs.

plumbert

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 07:39:39 PM »
For f--k's sake, will you just find out your school's grade curve works?  It must be available somewhere - do they keep it secret?  Check your school's registrar website, or the registrar itself, or maybe even career services. 

Forced curve at C; the bottom 15% is automatically flunked out of school. That's why it is bothersome.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 09:08:39 PM »
I think it's horrible for a school to take your money and flunk you out (unless you completely screw up).

My school, thankfully, will only flunk out the handful of people who just completely blow the final (or fail to show up.)
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 09:51:52 PM »
If you're in a T4, all bets are off. They weed people out after they let them in (usually). Above that hopefully they weeded out in the admissions process. T1-2 you're pretty much fine and shouldn't worry at all.

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 12:45:11 AM »
Most profs won't give F's and D's unless they absolutely have to. At my school, if you have a 2.0 or less you are put on probation and given only one semester to bring it up. So two semesters of a 2.0 or less means your going home. Although some ppl are put on probation, it is really unusual for them to be kicked out.

james

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 02:20:54 AM »
Relax, you did all that work, you'll do fine.  I didn't outline a case the last two months and just skimmed the cases in the 10 minutes before class and there is no way I failed any finals. Though I don't think there are any A's in my future. Switch to decafe.

BigPimpinBU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 08:26:14 AM »
I find it pretty illustrative that folks like James, above, who didnt brief s**t, or make any outlines, are not worried at all. The kids on the other hand, who sweated bullets and studied all semester are the ones crapping their pants now.

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 08:31:17 AM »
Wow.  That's amazing that a law school automatically flunks out 15% of the class that it already accepted.  That says a lot about it's own perception of its worth.

blocked

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 07:04:41 PM »
Our Curve is based on a C+ Median.

10-20% of each class are allowed to make a B+ or better AND 10-20% have to make a C- or worse.

So, theoretically, the professors have the ability to flunk as much as 20% of a class, but in practice it really only happens to 1 or maybe 2 students per semester.

St. Mary's bound