Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How 'bout a study break?  (Read 1376 times)

trouble

• View Profile
How 'bout a study break?
« on: December 09, 2005, 12:04:11 AM »
Man, I need to think about something else for a while.  Civ Pro has me bummed out.

Hey...what's your favorite "law" movie?

Right now, I'm hooked on Pacino in "...And Justice for All."  I think I'm gonna put it in right now.  :D
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

MidWestLawGril

• View Profile
Re: How 'bout a study break?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 12:28:08 AM »
Um, legally blonde (yesterday we had to give our names at our real estate exame.  I said "Woods, comma, Elle", but the guy didn't get my joke)  My favorite part of that movie is when she studies for the LSAT for like 2 weeks and gets a 178 or something.

How about Soul Man. Now that is an awesome movie.

Yes, I do like totally stupid movies.

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 12:30:29 AM »
No, I totally dig Soul Man, haven't seen it for a long time though.  I thought Julia Louis-Dreyfus was hilarious in that movie.   ;D
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

MidWestLawGril

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 12:31:56 AM »
 I don't see the world in black and white, but in shades of gray...

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 12:34:44 AM »
Mom...Dad...I have something to tell you.  I'm black.

MidWestLawGril

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 12:38:33 AM »
  :D

And James Earl Jones is in that movie, can you believe it?

Before I went to law school I prepared by watching legally blonde, soul man and paper chase.  Paper chase was interesting, but that guy was f--king neurotic. I mean who cares if your contracts professor is an ass.

Soul man was definitely the best of the three though.  How about when they pick him for the basketball team... priceless.

2005_2L

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 12:58:34 AM »
Study break sounds good - but I have so much more to study for my final tomorrow afternoon.

Trouble - I go to your school - who do you have for Civ Pro?  I had Prof. Johnson, but I don't think she's teaching it this year...

Good luck on finals, everybody... it will be Christmas break before we know it  :)

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 08:40:14 AM »
Hey, I have Hatamyar for Civ Pro.  She's a beast.  I have Johnson next semester for Crim Law.  Let me know if you have any advice you can offer!  Wait a second...you said "she."  The Johnson I have is a "he."  Never mind!  Good luck with your finals!!

2005_2L

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 10:00:52 AM »
Yeah, there are two professors with the last name Johnson.  I had Danne Johnson for Civ Pro, and Barry Johnson for Torts.  I don't know what he's like for crim law, but I liked his torts class and did pretty well in it.  I had LeFrancois for crim law, and now for crim procedure.  He has a very sarcastic, dry sense of humor - keeps things interesting...   I'm taking my evidence final today at 2 pm - not sure that I'm ready for it... there's too much to remember and my professor suddenly decided to not let us have the Fed Rules of Evidence with us on the final, after saying all semester that it would be provided...

rezipsa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 11:41:23 AM »
Anyone need a drink at the bar?
Put it on my tab!