Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Firms with Offices in South America  (Read 1989 times)

nw2b

• View Profile
Law Firms with Offices in South America
« on: December 05, 2005, 10:17:53 AM »
I have heard some American law firms (other than those engaged in immigration law) have offices in South America, most notably in Argentina and Brazil. I was wondering if someone could provide any names and give a little more insight into the salaries, hours, and type of work done at these firms.

Also, are there any other opportunities available in South America where an American law degree would be advatageos?

cmedici

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - camila_de_medici
    • AOL Instant Messenger - c+of+dreams13
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law Firms with Offices in South America
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:08:29 PM »
That is a great question, I am very interested in that as well (I am in fact from Brazil).  I am looking into M&A, with that said, many big firms have offices in Brazil and other parts of S.A.  If you can get into those you should be set to work there from time to time or even gain representation.  As far as staying there permanently, I would try working with internation corporations from those countries and work in their legal department. 
UMD graduate 05
1st LSAT: Oct 1st 2005

blueb73

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »
Anyone know if you can do Immigration work while based in S America?

thatd be sweet if you can pull in American style fees living down there!

Krisace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 07:50:57 PM »
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I've never heard of a large law firm with an office in South America.  I am quite possibly wrong though and would love to hear which firms do.