Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exam Period = Hysteria  (Read 2528 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Exam Period = Hysteria
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 01:02:49 PM »
You mean exams are on Monday?!? What didn't anyone tell me? OHHH *-^-%-$!
Air Force JAG Corps

BigPimpinBU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 01:44:33 PM »
Sitting at my usual starbucks, surrounded by BC law kids, who are all giving me dirty looks. Oh well, they are fat.

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 03:37:59 PM »
Sitting at my usual starbucks, surrounded by BC law kids, who are all giving me dirty looks. Oh well, they are fat.

:D

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005, 04:17:08 PM »
you could not pay me to go to the library at this point, although I was tempted to start a fight over office hours when some ppl tried to steal my time (and did when they barged in with their stupid questions).  I am all about the organic, fair trade coffee shop by my house.

buggy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 03:45:01 PM »
Ok, so studying is stressful...one thing I didn't expect was to freak out DURING the exam.  I took my first law school exam the other day and it was an experience like no other...the LSAT does not compare.  It took 10 minutes for my hands to stop shaking so I could get down to work. 

Really, I am not someone who usually lets my nerves dictate...and I was totally calm up until the point the proctor said "Begin"...then all hell broke loose.  I think I did ok, I was prepared, but the whole experience is a blur.

I can't be the only person this has happened to...anyone else get spooked on exam day?

BigPimpinBU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 04:50:01 PM »
Here are some exam taking tips that worked for me last year:

1. smoke a shitload of cigarettes before and after.

2. have a cigarette sitting by you during the exam so you can sniff it. (i'm embarassed to say, that i really did that).

3. smoke some more cigarettes.

4. wear a funny shirt.

5. if you went to a big name ugrad school, wear a shirt with its name. your friends will tell you that you are an a-hole for wearing it, and you will be. but at least you'll talk about something other than the test.

6. bear in mind that half the people in the room are scared shitless too.

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 04:56:09 PM »
ohh..the irony, took my first law school exam on Saturday, strange I know...

I show up and kids are lined up outside for the LSAT... :o

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 08:46:37 PM »
I'm shaking and my exam is not for a day and a half.

Ok, so studying is stressful...one thing I didn't expect was to freak out DURING the exam.  I took my first law school exam the other day and it was an experience like no other...the LSAT does not compare.  It took 10 minutes for my hands to stop shaking so I could get down to work. 

Really, I am not someone who usually lets my nerves dictate...and I was totally calm up until the point the proctor said "Begin"...then all hell broke loose.  I think I did ok, I was prepared, but the whole experience is a blur.

I can't be the only person this has happened to...anyone else get spooked on exam day?

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 09:28:38 AM »
Okay, maybe it's just me, but I swear you can tell what year someone is just by looking at them this week. 

The 1Ls look panicked:  :o
the 2Ls look pissed:  >:(
and the 3Ls look bored:   :P

runaroundrachel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 02:50:13 PM »
I just took my first one... As I walked out, feeling pretty good about it, i noticed everyone in the class talking about it... They wanted to go have a beer after, and i just booked out of there... those people, as much as i love them, are the last people on earth I want to hang out with right now. Lucky for me, my best friend is in another section and he and i just laugh about *&^%... its nice to have someone who knows what you're going through, can answer questions you have, and not talk about the same tests after... My advice, get a friend in another section, or a 2L or something... I called my mom after my test to talk about the family, it got my mind off things too!