Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted to law school w/o undergrad degree?  (Read 4251 times)

elemnopee

• View Profile
Re: Accepted to law school w/o undergrad degree?
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 10:55:52 PM »
I'm looking for a quick, inexpensive and extensive education to help me help others.

Have you heard of ITT Tech?

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2005, 01:47:05 AM »
I'm looking for a quick, inexpensive and extensive education to help me help others.

Have you heard of ITT Tech?

Are you kidding!?! ITT Tech is really, really expensive. Plus, I don't think that they hand out scholarships or need-based grants.

elemnopee

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2005, 03:10:14 PM »

Are you kidding!?! ITT Tech is really, really expensive. Plus, I don't think that they hand out scholarships or need-based grants.

Plan B: community college paralegal program?

samt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2005, 02:58:16 PM »
I read an article a few months ago that Washington state and another state (maybe vermont or virginia?) allowed you to go to take the bar exam without going to law school if you went through some sort of apprenticeship under the supervision of a lawyer.  I know that doesn't answer your question but, thought it was interesting

Also, I know Thomas Jefferson in San Diego theoretically admits students without an undergrad degee under exceptional circumstances (read great resume, personal statement, or LSAT score).  Hope this helps.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2005, 07:04:29 PM »
I think its Virginia.  CNN had an article.

sdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2006, 11:04:05 PM »
cali technically offers that but i think no people did it this year, but you would be a fool to not get undergrad, any firm wants to see a good law school and although undergrad isnt as important the lack of one would raise a red flag.  As far as the 5 year thing I wouldnt be too worried although its true most schools average lsat scores, if they see one out of high school I doubt they would average it if you wrote a letter explaining it (or just have fun in college and take 5 yrs to graduate lol)  here is link showing cali stats (ABA is way to go though, after college degree) http://www.calbar.ca.gov/calbar/pdfs/admissions/Statistics/JULY2005STATS.pdf