Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to spend dead week?  (Read 1698 times)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How to spend dead week?
« on: November 27, 2005, 10:29:38 PM »
So I start dead week on Wednesday, I am up to date on outlines, and have taken only 1 practice exam per class so far.  I dont have a real good strategy yet.  I am dividing time spent per class based on credit unit.  I just expect to memorize my outlines, do practice exams, read supplements & practice w/ the crunch time series.  Am I on the right track?  I also intent to eat well, work out, and attempt to sleep.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to spend dead week?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 12:09:59 AM »
examples and explanations

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 12:13:29 AM »
Take more practice exams.  Do a bunch of hypos and get BLL down cold.  That's my advice, but I'm a 1L so take it with a grain of salt.  BTW, I wish we had a dead week; we only get 3 days.

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 08:31:48 AM »
no dead week for me...

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 09:02:13 AM »
we get a day. its such crap.
check the footnotes ya'll

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 04:18:46 PM »
for those of you who do have dead week, how is it going?  I am having to go to the gym every day b/c if not I start losing my mind (interestingly enough I do not ordinarily go to the gym every day).  I was hoping I could save time by an every-other day thing.  The time is flying by, and I still feel underprepared despite maintaing a rigorous schedule all semester.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 05:22:22 PM »
Does anyone *ever* feel prepared for finals?  I've kept up on all my reading and outlining, and am 100% up to date on stuff.  I'm pretty much going through practice questions and learning the material in my outlines.  My finals start one week from Tuesday, and I feel horribly unprepared right now.  On top of that, I'm feeling completely apathetic at times, and the last thing I want to do is study.  Ugh.  Two totally contradictory emotions to deal with.  Preparing for finals is definitely an interested experience to say the least.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 11:38:11 PM »
Jacy I'm feeling exactly the way you feel.
Heck, here I am on the LSD board the night before my contracts final. I'm alternating between totally freaking out and feeling exhausted and not wanting to look at a law school book.  :-[
Despite this I have been spending most of my time studying. The neurotic side is winning out.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 07:27:19 AM »
spend it thanking your ass you have one, because so many law schools go right from the last week of class to finals week.

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 09:39:26 AM »
Yeah, I'd second that. Many lawschools do not have a "dead week" at all.

Our first final was the Monday after thanksgiving . What a way to spend a vacation.
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson