Law School Discussion

How to spend dead week?

How to spend dead week?
« on: November 27, 2005, 08:29:38 PM »
So I start dead week on Wednesday, I am up to date on outlines, and have taken only 1 practice exam per class so far.  I dont have a real good strategy yet.  I am dividing time spent per class based on credit unit.  I just expect to memorize my outlines, do practice exams, read supplements & practice w/ the crunch time series.  Am I on the right track?  I also intent to eat well, work out, and attempt to sleep.

dft

• View Profile
Re: How to spend dead week?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 10:09:59 PM »
examples and explanations

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 10:13:29 PM »
Take more practice exams.  Do a bunch of hypos and get BLL down cold.  That's my advice, but I'm a 1L so take it with a grain of salt.  BTW, I wish we had a dead week; we only get 3 days.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 06:31:48 AM »
no dead week for me...

lipper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 07:02:13 AM »
we get a day. its such crap.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 02:18:46 PM »
for those of you who do have dead week, how is it going?  I am having to go to the gym every day b/c if not I start losing my mind (interestingly enough I do not ordinarily go to the gym every day).  I was hoping I could save time by an every-other day thing.  The time is flying by, and I still feel underprepared despite maintaing a rigorous schedule all semester.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 03:22:22 PM »
Does anyone *ever* feel prepared for finals?  I've kept up on all my reading and outlining, and am 100% up to date on stuff.  I'm pretty much going through practice questions and learning the material in my outlines.  My finals start one week from Tuesday, and I feel horribly unprepared right now.  On top of that, I'm feeling completely apathetic at times, and the last thing I want to do is study.  Ugh.  Two totally contradictory emotions to deal with.  Preparing for finals is definitely an interested experience to say the least.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 09:38:11 PM »
Jacy I'm feeling exactly the way you feel.
Heck, here I am on the LSD board the night before my contracts final. I'm alternating between totally freaking out and feeling exhausted and not wanting to look at a law school book.  :-[
Despite this I have been spending most of my time studying. The neurotic side is winning out.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 05:27:19 AM »
spend it thanking your ass you have one, because so many law schools go right from the last week of class to finals week.

ACore

• AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 07:39:26 AM »
Yeah, I'd second that. Many lawschools do not have a "dead week" at all.

Our first final was the Monday after thanksgiving . What a way to spend a vacation.