Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Baylor Spring 06 Starters???  (Read 5290 times)

moynkr

• View Profile
Baylor Spring 06 Starters???
« on: November 27, 2005, 01:22:21 AM »
Anyone out there?
Attending Baylor in Spring 2006

Wake Forest Grad

Currently bartending in San Antonio

butrfly9

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Baylor Spring 06 Starters???
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 07:21:52 PM »
I start in the Spring.  I've already moved to Waco.  Seems like a nice town so far.

moynkr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 08:22:15 PM »
I start in the Spring.  I've already moved to Waco.  Seems like a nice town so far.

Oh excellent - where are you living?  I move in about a month. My grandparents live in Waco so I am pretty familiar with the town - its not too bad - atleast not as bad as people make it out to be!

Wake Forest Grad

UMHBmom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 11:01:20 PM »
If any of you fresh sacrificial lambs want a good deal on textbooks, PM me. I have Contracts, UCC, all three of the Restatements of Contracts, Property, and supplements. A word to the wise: there's a long list of books for LARC I, but you actually only need one of them ("Writing and Analysis" blahblah) the first quarter, which I also have available. Your book purchases are going to be much cheaper the second quarter (you'll only need CrimLaw and Torts), so save the $120 on the rest of your LARC books until then. I also have a few study aids if anyone is interested! Welcome to hell... uhm, I mean Baylor!

butrfly9

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 03:54:31 PM »
I live out near China Spring.  Far enough away from campus that i'm not right in the middle of the 18-year-olds and close enough that it isn't a long drive.  where will u be?

moynkr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 04:43:03 PM »
I am living in a tiny complex called Ivy Place located on the block of S 8th and Ivy.  Its only 6 little apartments and supposedly everyone is in a grad program so there shouldnt be any frat brothers throwing up on my doorstep (hopefully). 

Wake Forest Grad

hellonwaco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »
God help you all. You should have gone to..umm..anywhere else. See, your friends will think their school is also hard, then you'll explain to them what's expected of you, then there will be silence on the other end of the line. THen you'll remember that they are going to have the exact same job opportunities as you (assuming they are at an "equal" TX school--SMU, UH) or better (UT) because recruiters don't care that you went to Baylor, except maybe that firm on 6th and Austin next to the bar and the bank. THen you'll try to point out that we have the highest bar pass rates in TX, but then your friend at bad Tech or better UT will announce that their pass rate was also over 90%, and they don't go through half the *&^% you do. But in all seriousness Baylor is awesome.

pingster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 09:49:06 PM »
Just wondering if any of you all or anyone else has been to the Baylor Visitation day..

I am considering flying in to Dallas and driving from there down to Waco in February.

If any of you have or will be attending the February visitation day what have you heard about it and what are you initial impressions about the academics, students and placement of them at firms in dallas and elsewhere say California?

RELAWYER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 01:07:54 PM »
Starting Baylor Lawschool Summer or Fall 2006? I have a townhome for sale four blocks from Baylor's Campus. It is 1200 square feet with two bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. Each Bedroom has a walkin closet. Ceramic Tile floors, GE appliances included. Kitchen has solid surface countertops. The unit was constructed in 2003.

Price: $135,900