Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Adderall-Law school finals/studying  (Read 61086 times)

GoVols

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adderall-Law school finals/studying
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2009, 11:41:50 PM »
Keep taking Adderall if it helps you and finds no diagreement with your mental balance. For palpable results you'd have to take it continuously over a period of time.

For tests as important as the LSAT and law school exams, it's far from cheating. In fact, you'd be cheating yourself not to. It's

a) not chemically or physically addictive

b) far more advanced than ritalin, speed, common cocaine, meth (I bet you didn't know that JP Sartre used to take an advanced form of dexedrine, Adderall's first cousin, to increase his cognitive agility when writing)

c)has no correlation towards anything life threatening or mind-altering ... you're not going to end up emptying catheter bags as a parolee, or see a plummetting trend in your life because of little adderall to channel sights. 

You know why SPEED wreaks havoc? Because it's made on the street and improperly. A real chemist in decent conditions makes it, it's going to have the legitimate effects minus the sideffects of the filler. Even the most contrian psychiatrist is going to tell you  that 25 mgs of Adderall is nothing like cocaine or methamphetamines. 

Don't let puritanical impositions dissuade you if you think the stuff increases your composure and confidence. You're using it to help you take tests, not to get a better high or a bigger ego. And if you start associating a drug with studious activity and exam prepartion, dear god, you are going to end up hopelessly addicted ... to high achievement. Who checked that box on their inpatient survey at the methadone clinic?

Adderall is extremely addictive.  Who told you it wasn't?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2009, 10:45:28 AM »
I could not make it through a day without of school or work adderal, I'm soo ADDD that...wait what were we talking about? I think its addictive in that the days I don;t take it I notice it right away. But I don't take it everyday anymore unless I have work to do.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Cloret

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2012, 04:44:09 PM »

Check these boards out - you'll learn there that there's no way you can get Adderall without a prescription.

http://www.drugbuyers.com/freeboard/ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm

I'd strongly object to allowing posting of online boards URL addresses where people can get dangerous stuff - even if that's not exactly Adderol.

Don't you worry, kel, that board does not work any more - unless, of course, administrators are not willing to let new members register because they want the latter to have a "contact" - an already-member of the network who'll e-mail 'em a username/password combo.

I wouldn't be surprised, though - I would tend to think that many undercover LE people likely visited the boards, reason why they've probably closed registration for new members.

The site, though, was not per se a "bad thing" - it offered people a way to find online the meds they desperately needed - the ones they're unscrupulously denied by their doctors - because the DEA scares the * & ^ % out of them, if they prescribe, say, just a little bit more pain medicine to a patient in excruciating back pain, for instance.

I do not doubt there may have been a few "bad apples," people who wanted to find places to order controlled substances for recreational purposes - that's when Addiction problems arise - such would be a good reason why it is probably better that the site does not work now anymore.

This is just my impression .. I could be wrong, taken into account that I just guessing on many issues  and/or I'm telling you here what I've read on the net or heard from desperate people in pain.

If you the math, though - compare the number of people who used the site to obtain the meds without which they could not lead a bearable life, to those who abused medication ('cuz I wouldn't call it "substance abuse," as the drugs ordered were in fact "meds," as opposed to hard drugs sold "illegally" - being, in actuality, so easily accessible - all over America), it'd seem that the site was a "necessary evil," so to speak.

Yanno, it's all about the @ # ! * i n g money!
GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!

Country Day

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »

Check these boards out - you'll learn there that there's no way you can get Adderall without a prescription.

http://www.drugbuyers.com/freeboard/ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm

I'd strongly object to allowing posting of online boards URL addresses where people can get dangerous stuff - even if that's not exactly Adderol.

Don't you worry, kel, that board does not work any more - unless, of course, administrators are not willing to let new members register because they want the latter to have a "contact" - an already-member of the network who'll e-mail 'em a username/password combo.

Looks like the drugbuyers site is totally "in the closet," so to speak ;)

LincolnLover

« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2012, 05:28:46 PM »

It's Adderall, not Adderol, kel!

Maybe if she took it she'd know that.  ;)
And maybe you need to get back on your OCD meds. Who cares? ::)

CWFirm

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
Here's an interesting article on Adderall usage in universities, which I think can easily extend to law school: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/addiction/college-students-and-adderall-now-american-standard.

Something to think about: ADD and ADHD are over diagnosed in the US.  It seems like everyone THINKS they have ADD.  Just because you're mind occasionally wanders doesn't necessarily mean you have ADD. 

SoCalLawGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2012, 04:54:38 AM »
I agree, every parent thinks their kid has ADD or ADHD, why is that ? I was also hyperactive as a child and when it came to taking exams as an adult I always had problems focusing.  It's normal! I was stressed, every exam is stressful in one way or another.