Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Adderall-Law school finals/studying  (Read 59467 times)

phi

• View Profile
Re: Adderall-Law school finals/studying
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »
The good 'ole crack?! You're speaking empathetically of crack?! Can't believe it!!!

einszweidrei

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 07:24:23 AM »

Dr. Mary Holley, obstetrician and chairperson of Mothers Against Methamphetamine, informed the Associated Press that one's initial hit of meth is the equivalent of ten orgasms all on top of each other, each lasting for 30 minutes to an hour, with a feeling of arousal that lasts for another day and a half. She is quick to confess that the effect doesn't last long: "After you've been using [meth] about six months or so, you can't have sex unless you're high. After you have been using it a little bit longer you can't have sex even when you're high. Nothing happens. [Your penis] doesn't work."

;)

robmelone

• View Profile
    • LawThug
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2006, 08:24:16 PM »
Where did you get your adderall?  Did you get your doctor to prescribe, get in online or go to Mexico?  I was just in TJ and I forgot to check the prices.

Rob
http://www.cafepress.com/lawthug

PennoyerLives

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2006, 05:04:14 PM »
I find it very interesting how people get so defensive and/or offended on this topic. I think it has to do with the inherent competitiveness in law school students. Since Adderall has the conception of a "study drug" to those who don't take it, the natural reaction is that the person who is taking it is cheating or getting an edge. So, the defense mechanism kicks in and it is immediately demonized. If it works for you, so be it. But, please don't pass judgment if you know nothing about the drug. Save the zealous comments for Bible study.

victorase

• View Profile
Re: SPEED IS LIFE; OR IS IT?
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2006, 03:21:16 AM »

30mg is too strong they say .. in fact some time ago we heard about an ass at our school who snorted the entire 30mg and almost died .. he went to ER with shortness of breath, vomiting and atrial fibrillation, no heart attack thou

mph

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2006, 06:52:43 AM »

I'd assume there's a strong positive correlation. But I forgot what heroin abuse has to do with law school...

I can agree with this .. much of the addiction literature presents heroin addicts as sexless drones; the idea is that the desire for heroin becomes much greater than the desire for sex, and the only "scoring" the addict is interested in has to do with what goes on in his veins rather than what happens in his pants. While this may be true for some addicts, the story is often more complex. Far more heroin users appear to be "chippers" than "addicts." Chippers are non-addicted casual users. And while the rush you get from heroin may have little influence on the relationships between sex and heroin, that rush is sometimes described as feeling like a full-body orgasm. This is also said to be true for crack cocaine.

el

• View Profile
Endorphins: Free Smack!
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2006, 12:44:13 AM »
When you cycle, swim, run, or carry out any other form of strenuous endurance exercise, your pituitary gland releases substantial quantities of 'endorphins', chemicals which can block sensations of pain and produce overall feelings of euphoria. Endorphins are known to attach to 'receptors' on the outer surfaces of brain cells, acting like chemical keys which fit into locks. If enough endorphin is inserted into the outer 'keyhole' of a nerve cell, that cell is unlikely to convey pain messages to the conscious part of the brain.

Endorphins were discovered almost by accident in the 1970s when scientists were carrying out research on drug addiction. Investigators had wondered for years why the human brain contained receptors for chemicals produced by the poppy plant, and they eventually discovered why: the brain produces its own set of neurochemicals which are actually far more potent than morphine, opium, and heroin but share the same neural receptors with these drugs.

The naturally produced brain chemicals, called the endorphins and enkephalins, are released in times of stress. They can make a mangled accident victim as serene as a Buddhist monk, and they can also make an athlete feel great after an extremely vigorous workout. The latter effect is sometimes referred to as the 'runner's high', and the post-exercise surge in endorphins helps to explain why many exercisers seem to become addicted to their sport. Their workouts become 'fixes' which mask the pain of everyday living, and even injuries or illnesses can't stop the training process because the athlete is relentlessly searching for endorphin-induced mood elevations

esta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2006, 12:54:17 AM »
Where did you get your adderall?  Did you get your doctor to prescribe, get in online or go to Mexico?  I was just in TJ and I forgot to check the prices.

Rob
http://www.cafepress.com/lawthug

rob, have you tried this site, do they deliver?

http://www.herbalsmokeshops.com/

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Endorphins: Free Smack!
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 07:20:09 AM »

When you cycle, swim, run, or carry out any other form of strenuous endurance exercise, your pituitary gland releases substantial quantities of 'endorphins', chemicals which can block sensations of pain and produce overall feelings of euphoria. Endorphins are known to attach to 'receptors' on the outer surfaces of brain cells, acting like chemical keys which fit into locks. If enough endorphin is inserted into the outer 'keyhole' of a nerve cell, that cell is unlikely to convey pain messages to the conscious part of the brain.

Endorphins were discovered almost by accident in the 1970s when scientists were carrying out research on drug addiction. Investigators had wondered for years why the human brain contained receptors for chemicals produced by the poppy plant, and they eventually discovered why: the brain produces its own set of neurochemicals which are actually far more potent than morphine, opium, and heroin but share the same neural receptors with these drugs.

The naturally produced brain chemicals, called the endorphins and enkephalins, are released in times of stress. They can make a mangled accident victim as serene as a Buddhist monk, and they can also make an athlete feel great after an extremely vigorous workout. The latter effect is sometimes referred to as the 'runner's high', and the post-exercise surge in endorphins helps to explain why many exercisers seem to become addicted to their sport. Their workouts become 'fixes' which mask the pain of everyday living, and even injuries or illnesses can't stop the training process because the athlete is relentlessly searching for endorphin-induced mood elevations

I was under the impression that running had first and firemost to do with the release of endogenous adrenaline and that runners were typical adrenaline junkies.
America is like Rome in the days before it fell, full of criminals, festering in garbage. Most people still think of America as being number 1, yet I don't really know what the contest is.

hewlett

• View Profile
Re: Endorphins: Free Smack!
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 08:21:23 PM »

I was under the impression that running had first and firemost to do with the release of endogenous adrenaline and that runners were typical adrenaline junkies.

Running is not considered a "high risk" sport -- and it is the latter that trigger the release of endogenous adrenaline (epinephrine :) So you are correct in that people who engage in extreme sports that cause the release of endogenous epinephrine are epi junkies but not when you say that runners are such. Che Guevara was literally an adrenaline junkie, for instance: danger released the hormone that allowed him to breathe freely.

Be aware, however, that the adrenaline rush in participants of extreme sports is a misnomer, since often the rush or high obtained is also product of increased levels of dopamine, endorphins and serotonin.