Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Adderall-Law school finals/studying  (Read 59448 times)

rankit

• View Profile
Don't @ # ! * With Amphetamines!
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2007, 07:22:55 AM »

the butterfly effect

• View Profile
Psychoactives: Venn Diagram
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2007, 08:54:01 AM »

oopslaw

• View Profile
Re: Adderall-Law school finals/studying
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2007, 01:04:06 AM »
Cocaine use is very widespread at big law firms. At Cadwalader, for example, they report BLATANT coke use in offices and the men's restrooms.

peniesonthedollar

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2007, 03:19:58 AM »
Using amphetamines/cocaine is mental doping. You are trying to enhance your ability to think faster, read more effectively, concentrate more strongly and for a longer period of time. I guess some other external tool to allow lawyers to more quickly and thoroughly understand the twisted rhetorics of say, Judge Posner. 

Yet, the fact remains that such stimulants are much like the performance enhancing anabolic steroids for athletes. The deleterious side effects of testosterone, for example, are very bad indeed. Carcinogenesis. Increased atherosclerosis. Impotence. Among other things. In women testosterone along with building muscle, causes a permanent loss of feminity. Facial hair. Lowering of the voice. Infertility. Some pretty bad things to endure just to be competitive.

All athletic programs at all levels are very correct to ban all illegal drugs in their sport. Street drugs and anabolic steroids to be sure. I can remember in high school our football and basketball coaches forbidding us to smoke and drink alcohol. Eventually of course demon Rum became a part of our lives, but many of us were spared serious disease by never smoking. To those coaches I say thank you and Amen. Anabolic steroids work. They build muscle. They kill and harm health. Cocaine works. It helps you do tons of work. It causes harm to your health, even kills you; and it is very effective at that.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2007, 04:00:03 PM »
Yeah, some people openly took adderal at my school in front of their study group. Now they are being reported to the dean and possibly the bar ethics committee if the dean doesn't act.

It's not worth flushing your years at law school down the toilet just to stay awake a few more hours

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:31 PM »
While I don't support the use of drugs without a prescription, I also think that narc'ing on people for taking Adderal is pathetic.  I imagine the people who reported were concerned about the "unfair advantage", wrong profession for those people.

On the other hand, if they reported the Adderal-takers in order to eliminate competition then that's some twisted gamesmanship.

Yeah, some people openly took adderal at my school in front of their study group. Now they are being reported to the dean and possibly the bar ethics committee if the dean doesn't act.

It's not worth flushing your years at law school down the toilet just to stay awake a few more hours

lawgirl442

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2007, 05:59:24 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but you'd better f-ing believe that I would narc on someone for taking Adderall for exams without a prescription.  Just like I'd narc on someone for stealing a copy of the test, or buying the answers off of the internet.  I don't know how much of an advantage Adderall would give a person, but doing anything illegal to get a better score is kind of pathetic.  And yes, I would "tattle" on you.  Because if you do something illegal, something that I *could've* done but didn't because I'm following the law, then you're putting me at a disadvantage, and frankly, I don't appreciate it.

So if you're going to blatantly do illegal things in front of your study group, you better hope I'm not in it.

UVA '10

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
IF i was taking aderal (which i dont) and someone told on me I would deny it then sue them for slander. I guess thats just me though
Attending: OU

lawgirl442

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2007, 05:50:31 PM »
IF i was taking aderal (which i dont) and someone told on me I would deny it then sue them for slander. I guess thats just me though

Man, that coupled with the multiple spelling errors in each one of your posts...the folks must be proud...
UVA '10

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2007, 06:13:04 PM »
at least they didnt raise a rat
Attending: OU