Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My prediction: Online law schools will EVENTUALLY be recognized  (Read 18030 times)

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
Re: My prediction: Online law schools will EVENTUALLY be recognized
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2007, 01:08:03 PM »
How much are you willing to bet duckasourus isn't even a law student?  He is probably just some loser that trolls LSD trying to stir sh*t up.  Go back to the pre-college board, good luck on your SAT.

By the way, Ernest Hemingway started sentences with conjunctions.  Many other writers do it as well.  I wouldn't do it on a legal document, but last I checked, this was a message board  ::) 

lawafter40

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2007, 01:59:37 PM »
Ah, the ducksoupasaurus is back. After a lengthy hiatus, we've lured him out of retirement to engage in ad hominem attacks, random grammar and spelling misdemeanors, and pithy nonsense.

As to DL's being defensive, re-read the board. There are a relatively small number of DL students here. All mature (bitter old folks), all with success in other careers prior to entering law. Every time one of us surfaces, we're swarmed by a hungry mob of ABA pirahna, eager to pick the flesh from our unworthy bones.

Ducky babe - bring it on. But I'd sincerely appreciate it if you'd re-take your remedial English Comp class before entering this particular fray, my friend. ;D

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »
you are qouting Berkeley, not exactely a neutral source,  AND is a connector and should not be used at the start of a sentence, please do it on your cover letter though so my secretary can rejcet you, granted my firm only interviews aba students.

i hope your secretary is being paid a million dollars.

her spell/grammar-checker must spontaneously combust every time you send her a document.

lawafter40

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
wow the dls are soo defensive.  my guess is they are upset from not getting into an aba school.  I am not saying I agree with Duckasourur but he is right when he says you have a severe disadvantage compared to aba students.  I have to agree with the logic of why hire a non aba instead of an aba.

Funny, your writing is as poor as the Ducktard's.

I'm not upset about not getting into a non ABA school. I was admitted to Cal many years ago, long before you were even a hormone circulating in your dad's scrotum. But I chose to enter another field instead, and am now returning to law.

However, I live many hundred miles away from an ABA school, and the path I'm on won't require an ABA sheepskin, only a Bar ticket. So, please justify your assertion that I "have a severe disadvantage (sic)." I would argue that I am at a disadvantage if my "fake" degree and bar license prevent me from doing something which I would like to do. Please read these boards, 'fresh up on my background, and then 'splain to me, Lucy, why I will be at a loss. Remember this:

Biglaw doesn't interest me at all. Not one whit. Feh. Blech. Not for me at all.

Discuss.  ;D

jcarroll17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2007, 07:01:08 AM »
Read the LSD boardsite and the posts of the traditional law students partying at their solid tier level non-toilet law schools and who can barely stay on the subject for two posts and compare them with the discussions of the DL law school students who at least seem seriously interested in learning about law. Then tell me about "standards".

Because behavior on a discussion board is indicative of the kind of attorney a person will be.  Have any statistics to support that?

guys seriously, why are you not able to at least pull a 143 and go to cooley? seriously? the ave attorney does about 150-155, and only makes about $30-$40k. if you cannot atleast do 143, are you really sure you want to be a lawyer? spending the rest of your career doing something that is really hard for you is not fun at all. it doesnt mean youre dumb, just means your mind doesnt work that way.

JoeBob

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2007, 10:51:54 PM »
I do not get how someone can honestly claim a DL school is a better choice.  I am sure at some point DL schools will be recognized, but first they need to improve their standards.  Right now they accept students with very low LSAT scores, which some will say is a biased test, but fact of the matter is that it is an ok test for determining ability.  Once DLs stop accepting anyone who just has a dream of becoming a lawyer they may be recognized.  Right now though they accept basically everyone, and as such will not be competitive with ABA schools.

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2007, 10:59:46 PM »
hmmm, I wonder what the job placement distribution is at a DL.  I mean I doubt most DL students are aiming for a big firm job or judicial clerkship.  And since that is the case, not to bash anyone, but aren't they only slightly worse off than tier 3/4 students at the bottom of their class in terms of job prospects?

uart

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »
Also as for-profit law schools are being allowed now...various
states will realize...theres money to be made in online law schools.

And that money won't be made by online law students. Do you really think for-profit education is a good idea?