Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My prediction: Online law schools will EVENTUALLY be recognized  (Read 18371 times)

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
Re: My prediction: Online law schools will EVENTUALLY be recognized
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2007, 08:21:37 PM »
@ lawafter40  ::)

Right.  Your multiple Emmy Awards and multi billion dollar empire that you are currently sitting on as you read Law School Discussion and instigate arguments with 22 year olds...  I can smell the bullsh*t from

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2007, 08:23:16 PM »
My views on distance learning and online law schools - if pass the bar, who cares where you went to law school. 

lawafter40

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
@ lawafter40  ::)

Right.  Your multiple Emmy Awards and multi billion dollar empire that you are currently sitting on as you read Law School Discussion and instigate arguments with 22 year olds...  I can smell the bullsh*t from here...

Did I say "multi-billion?"

No, you did. You assumed, and made an ass out of yourself. I'm comfortable and semi-retired at 45. Not a billionaire by a long shot. I read the discussion this evening while my kids were all out of the house. As to the Emmys, I don't feel much compunction to prove myself to kids, sorry. Too bad if that bothers you, or you want to call BS on it. Doesn't bother me a whit.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get ready to take my oldest kid downstate for a soccer game. If I grow to trust you (a dubious proposition at this moment) I may show you my resume, credits and Emmy citations. 'Till then, rest secure in your arrogance that you, above all people, are supremely correct and wonderful and blessed with the best BS detector on the intraweb.

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2007, 01:37:31 AM »
The only person you are impressing lawafter40, is yourself.  Good for you, congratulations on your success.

I have lived/worked/grown up in Los Angeles and New York City.  I hear people make claims to being the Queen of England out here...

lawafter40

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2007, 10:07:27 PM »
The only person you are impressing lawafter40, is yourself.  Good for you, congratulations on your success.

I have lived/worked/grown up in Los Angeles and New York City.  I hear people make claims to being the Queen of England out here...

...and every waiter has a script. And every gaffer wants to direct. What's your point, if you're capable of making one?

I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I was responding to asinine and ignorant comments with factual rebuttal. You're boring me, child.

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2007, 11:23:55 PM »
as i recall, attorneys used to apprentice to those already in practice, and then sit for the bar, without benefit of "formal" training at all.

the aba is now talking about requiring an apprenticeship, much like a medical internship, after graduation.

hatelaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2007, 05:10:51 PM »
My views on distance learning and online law schools - if pass the bar, who cares where you went to law school. 

Everyone cares otherwise you would not put it on your resume.  When you go into an interview, which with a non-aba degree you will never have the chance to do, they care about where you went to school and your class rank.

lawafter40

• View Profile
Amazing.
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2007, 08:33:56 PM »
At what point did I say I anticipated having to interview? You all may be correct with regards to a "traditional" path, but that's most assuredly not the path I've chosen. Were I to do so, I would move my family, or commute the 250 miles RT to my local ABA school. I will not be interviewing. I will not be working as an associate, praying to make partner. I have a partnership waiting for me with a close friend's firm. Why would they offer me, a lowly "DL" grad, a partnership? Because I bring 20 years of hard-core business experience to the table, which all you lofty T1 grads will spend the next two decades developing for yourself. Because I have run successful and unsuccessful businesses. I have had to meet payroll. I have hired and fired. I have litigated and been litigated against. I have written and signed more contracts than most of you will ever write, and know what works and what doesn't. My POS "DL" degree, and California license, will only serve to ratify the knowledge and skills which I already possess.

For a bunch of aspiring attorneys, this group, in general, does a very poor job of reading the facts as I lay them out, without interjecting your own bias into the argument.

See you in court.  ;D

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2007, 02:00:07 AM »

...and every waiter has a script. And every gaffer wants to direct. What's your point, if you're capable of making one?

I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I was responding to asinine and ignorant comments with factual rebuttal. You're boring me, child.

And you are apparently too stupid to know sarcasm when you read it.  I said multi-billion dollar empire because you make it sound like you have been there and done it all.  You preach to us about your DL education, and your full partnership upon graduation, but you are probably completely full of *&^%, or the firm you will be joining will consist of 1 or 2 lawyers.  All of your posts are the same, confrontational and self indulging. 

Also, calling me a child is quite stupid.  You are a few years older than I am, but you hardly act it.  I am quite sure I have seen much more of this world then you could ever dream of...

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2007, 02:02:13 AM »

Everyone cares otherwise you would not put it on your resume.  When you go into an interview, which with a non-aba degree you will never have the chance to do, they care about where you went to school and your class rank.

If you pass the bar, there will be plenty of job available.  I know that class rank, school, etc matter if you want to go corporate, but most people that go DL have different goals...