Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone from Okla. City?  (Read 1275 times)

demlawboy

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone from Okla. City?
« on: November 14, 2005, 10:18:06 PM »
Hey, I go to Oklahoma city Univ. school of law.. (yes, i know.. I had never heard of it either).  I am in a situation that probably a lot of you were in, where this unknown T4 offered me money and i was blinded by it.  So here i am, unhappy and wishing i would have gone somewhere else. 

i am thinking about transferring to either Chicago, Northwestern, Chi-Kent, Georgetown, GW, or American.  Any specific advice?  I have read plenty about G-Town, but would love to hear something on N'western, Kent, or the other schools in DC.

Obviously, this all depends on grades after this semester and next.. but i think I will make top 10%.  (fingers crossed)

ALSO, do any other schools consider transfer apps in the spring? or just g-town?

Thanks!!  Matt

trouble

• View Profile
Re: Anyone from Okla. City?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 10:25:06 PM »
Hey...I'm at OKC too.  I'm not happy there either, and I'm looking to make a move after the spring.  I'm in the same situation you're in - the only diff is that I've lived in Oklahoma City for over 10 years, and I've lived in Oklahoma my entire life.  Don't worry, buddy, there is something better out there for you.  Just be patient and diligent, and you'll get the hell out of this culture void.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

demlawboy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 11:03:03 PM »
Ha.. Now i'm going to be wondering who you are!  So what places are you looking to transfer?  I'm thinking of Tulane, possibly, since I am from LA.

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 04:55:11 PM »
Wow - Tulane is an impressive school and I'm sure that you'd love being closer to home.  I'm thinking of trying to transfer up to U of Louisville, or possibly UK (but I'd have to be in the top 10-15% for that, so that's pretty "iffy") - but if I have to, I'll stay at OKCU and stick it out.  I like the teachers.  I'm just kind of waiting to see what happens.  If worse comes to worse, I'll finish up here - it's only 2 more years - and just move on when this is over.  My life is kind of on hold while all this is going on anyhow...

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

eloisa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 06:15:36 PM »
Just be warned: 
UK has already said that based on the size of this year's first-year class, they aren't accepting transfer applicants for next year.  If you're really stellar, and you have a really compelling reason to transfer, maybe you can change their minds, but I thought I'd mention it.

eloisa

• View Profile

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 12:11:49 AM »
Hey, thanks for the heads-up and the link.  I'm really looking more at U of L anyway, since Louisville is where I want to be ... even though UK is ranked higher ...