Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many cases?  (Read 697 times)

cuteprincess

• View Profile
How many cases?
« on: November 11, 2005, 06:35:11 PM »
How many cases do you have to read for each class? 

I have to read about 20-25 cases for each class.

S|

• View Profile
Re: How many cases?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 06:40:55 PM »
Your school sucks

eloisa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 06:52:58 PM »
You're serious?  D***.   We only have to read 3-5 for each session of Contracts or Torts.  Usually a few more for Crim Law, but no more than 8.

avocat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 07:08:34 PM »
How many cases do you have to read for each class? 

I have to read about 20-25 cases for each class.

not per class session? that would be silly. i don't care how smart you are; you're not going to be able to brief all those cases and remember them for class - at least not effectively.
may it please the court

BigPimpinBU

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 08:10:12 PM »
OP is full of sheet. Unless he is referring to squibs.

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 10:42:50 AM »
My Contracts syllabus has 100 cases listed on it. We're on number 81 now. The only one I remember is the very first one we read. After that, I couldn't tell you an Alaska Packer from a Vinmar Enterprises.

Should be fun studying for that one.

cuteprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 09:12:31 PM »
I'm not full of *&^%.  I go to evening classes.  I go to law school part-time and they give us 70-100 pages to read for each class (my eyes are about to fall out) and there are about 20-30 cases in those pages.  I book brief.  I write my facts, issues and holding on the side of the book. I have 3 classes a week. Each class runs 3.5 hours long.  Imagine sitting through all those hours. So of course we have to read so many cases.

You guys only have to read under 10 cases for each class.  That's awesome!

avocat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 09:44:49 PM »
I'm not full of *&^%.  I go to evening classes.  I go to law school part-time and they give us 70-100 pages to read for each class (my eyes are about to fall out) and there are about 20-30 cases in those pages.  I book brief.  I write my facts, issues and holding on the side of the book. I have 3 classes a week. Each class runs 3.5 hours long.  Imagine sitting through all those hours. So of course we have to read so many cases.

You guys only have to read under 10 cases for each class.  That's awesome!

wow!, if you're up here wasting your time saying, then i guess i believe you. but answer me this. when you say you have three classes per week do you mean three subjects or three meetings of the same subject. because my subjects, except for one, meet three times a week too. and we average about 4 cases a class, sometimes 2 or 3, and if it's a important case we might spend a whole day or two on it.
may it please the court

cuteprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 06:39:59 PM »
3 different subjects.  3 classes a week.  One class for one subject.  We breeze through the cases. We don't really spend time talking about it. One student briefs, finishes and a few questions and it's on to the next.