Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Psycho Professor  (Read 12641 times)

cuteprincess

• View Profile
Psycho Professor
« on: November 09, 2005, 06:09:18 PM »
You know what my professor does when you enter the class late?  He freaks you out.  Here is what he does, when you stroll in late w/ your books and bag in your hand.  He’ll say, “Nice that you could make it class.  You can do the next case.”  By the time you get to your seat, flip frantically to the page of the book that the case is in and try to compose yourself and trying to remember what the heck the case is about, the teacher will say, “We are waiting.”  You stand up to brief your case trying to summary the case in your mind before talking out loud.   Horrible isn’t it?  It’s to teach us a lesson, not to be late for class.  I haven’t been put through that yet and don’t want to.

Also, when you go to the restroom and come back, he’ll say, “since you’re already up, you can do the next case.”  It’s like, “what the heck? I just got back.”

voss749

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Psycho Professor
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 08:47:39 AM »
Dont be late to class...duh!

Ok the bathroom break case is a bit excessive, but I bet it happened on the same day ;-)

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 01:10:15 PM »
he makes u stand up to brief the case? presumably this is done to prevent access to the laptop / case book?

i rely heavily on both my comp / book - i imagine that it would suck thoroughly to attempt to answer his Q's "blind"

how much time / prep do u have to put into your briefs then? how detailed and exacting are his questions ... we're allowed to look at our comps / books obviously, but then again we get nailed with some pretty tough questions ...

just curious

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 05:57:19 AM »
What a F-ing ass... im sure the legal profession is closed book.
Its not the size of the army that counts, its the fury of the onslaught.
Seton Hall, August 05

cuteprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 05:47:20 PM »
Yeah, he's a complete psycho.  I fear being in his class every second.  Last time, he gave us so much reading to do he made us brief the last case to the front...just to make sure we read our cases.  Dumb!

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 08:22:47 PM »
You know what my professor does when you enter the class late?  He freaks you out.  Here is what he does, when you stroll in late w/ your books and bag in your hand.  He’ll say, “Nice that you could make it class.  You can do the next case.”  By the time you get to your seat, flip frantically to the page of the book that the case is in and try to compose yourself and trying to remember what the heck the case is about, the teacher will say, “We are waiting.”  You stand up to brief your case trying to summary the case in your mind before talking out loud.   Horrible isn’t it?  It’s to teach us a lesson, not to be late for class.  I haven’t been put through that yet and don’t want to.

Also, when you go to the restroom and come back, he’ll say, “since you’re already up, you can do the next case.”  It’s like, “what the heck? I just got back.”

What's wrong with that? Do you suppose a judge would hesitate to do the same if you walked onto court late?

w/m

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 10:17:01 PM »
Your professors goes here,

Two words, my answer is only two words.
To keep me, you must give me.

catamount27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 03:01:35 PM »
I tend to agree. I know I would not like it if I got grilled for being late, especially if the tardiness was due to weather, car problems, illness- however I would expect the same from a judge, boss, tough client, etc. It may suck, but I guess that is part of being a law student. Again, not to say that I would enjoy it.

If you don't want to get tackled, stay off the field.

What's wrong with that? Do you suppose a judge would hesitate to do the same if you walked onto court late?

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 04:50:59 PM »

i hate it when people use that argument. "well, if this was the real world... blah blah blah". WELL GUESS WHAT?? THIS AINT THE DAMN REAL WORLD!! it is law school, emphasis on SCHOOL. nobody in their right mind would walk into court late - but u know what, if i was up to 3am doing some research assignment for the firm i work for. perhaps i may stroll in late to my 9am class, why?? BECAUSE IM IN SCHOOL!!
check the footnotes ya'll

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 01:46:25 PM »

i hate it when people use that argument. "well, if this was the real world... blah blah blah". WELL GUESS WHAT?? THIS AINT THE DAMN REAL WORLD!! it is law school, emphasis on SCHOOL. nobody in their right mind would walk into court late - but u know what, if i was up to 3am doing some research assignment for the firm i work for. perhaps i may stroll in late to my 9am class, why?? BECAUSE IM IN SCHOOL!!
[/quote]

Are you focking kidding me? You don't expect a PROFESSIONAL GRADUATE SCHOOL to treat you like an adult?

You go back and play in the sandbox while the rest of us trample you on our way to the top
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality