Law School Discussion

What percent of students actually graduate in three years?

dft

• View Profile
Re: What percent of students actually graduate in three years?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 09:39:58 AM »
I know but the majority of grads take the bar in MA.

rr

Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 02:45:34 PM »
In alphabetic order:

Capital
Cooley
Golden Gate
John Marshall
New England
Northern Kentucky - Chase
Regent
Roger Williams
Southern
Thomas Jefferson
Thurgud Marshall
Whittier
Widener

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 08:48:24 PM »
I took longer than expected in UG, what will make LS different?

Because you don't have a choice. The registrar pretty much tells you what classes you are taking and when. You only have a few elective choices and then the registra mandates them as well. Oh and that pesky ABA requirement to graduate in 5 years (full time) 7 years (part time).

(so says the girl who has to repeat the 1.5 years of law school she took becasue she waited too long to go back and none of it transferred)

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »
Well, for one thing law school is usually more expensive than undergrad. For another, it's much more miserable - most people don't want to stay longer than three years. Third, as mentioned before, the curriculum options are much more limited. Also, employers don't care if you stay in law school an extra semester just to take a few more classes. In undergrad, those extra language or accounting classes in a 9th semester might make a difference in the job market.

Many students do externships so they can graduate a semester early. I think that most people finish in three years except for folks who are doing dual degrees. I don't have statistics like other folks, but I've only met two people who were in law school for four years, they both did dual degrees and they both expressed that they knew very, very few people who stayed longer than three years.

QUAKER OATS

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »
Let's look up Roger Williams, a.ka. the school that gets trashed on this board constantly...

Attrition Rates: First year = 24%; Second Year = 2%; Third year = 0%. So the total is 26%. At least it's not as bad as ChlorineBlitch made it out to be for T4's.

However, RW's bar passage rate is only 59%. This is in MA, where the statewide passage rate for first-time test takers is 78%. That's not good.

Where are you getting this, according to LSAC 1L attrition is 18.4%; Bar Passage is 85% in Mass (compared to the state's  83%)

http://officialguide.lsac.org/OFFGUIDE/pdf/aba3081.pdf

QUAKER OATS

Re: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 08:39:54 PM »
In alphabetic order:

Capital
Cooley
Golden Gate
John Marshall
New England
Northern Kentucky - Chase
Regent
Roger Williams
Southern
Thomas Jefferson
Thurgud Marshall
Whittier
Widener

Fl Coastal, Nova SE, St. Thomas (Miami), John Marshall-Atlanta,

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 08:07:28 AM »
I am not sure what criteria rr used to compile his "blacklist," but from what I see all those schools have high attrition rates and low bar passge rates. The exceptions would be Roger Williams and Widener ... As far as Florida schools are concerned, I too have heard that they are low-quality, Nova and St. Thomas are full of Hispanics also ... John Marshall (Atlanta) does not appear to be anywhere listed on LSAC or USNews

E

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 06:49:51 PM »
[...] The exceptions would be Roger Willimas and Delaware [...]

Excuse me, Delaware would be an exception??? With a 27% attrition rate and 71% bar passage rate (not to mention Harrisburg campus that sucks absolutely ass 35%-74%) you are trying to call it an "exception"?

http://officialguide.lsac.org/OFFGUIDE/pdf/aba5161.pdf

And don't get me started about Roger Willims that I am 1000% sure it has falsified its stats (I am not saying that other schools do not lie, but Roger Williams is big on that!)

As far as Nova and St. Thomas are concerned - they've both ridiculously low bar passage rates!

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 08:21:03 PM »

As far as Nova and St. Thomas are concerned - they've both ridiculously low bar passage rates!

FL bar exam became more difficult to @#!* with lately ..

ra

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 05:45:37 PM »
Wow, this blacklist is really something! I think we should have a special thread with the names of these disgusting schools!