Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question for anyone who might know...  (Read 3630 times)

trouble

• View Profile
Question for anyone who might know...
« on: November 06, 2005, 01:17:47 PM »
I'm a 1L at a 3rd-tier school and I'm seriously considering trying to transfer to Brandeis next fall.  My fiance lives in Louisville, and we'd like to be closer.  Is there anybody out there who has any knowledge about transfering to Brandeis?  I think my grades are going to be pretty good...I'm not having too much trouble with the "law school thang."  Any insight would be helpful and very appreciated.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

BrandeisDog

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Question for anyone who might know...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 05:10:40 PM »
I am a 1L at Brandeis, and I love it.  This has to be the best decision I have made in my life.  I have been telling all of my friends how easy law school really is. What would you like to know about transferring here, maybe I can find something useful for you. I have a family friend who is on the admissions committee, maybe I can throw your name into the hat. Good luck

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 06:09:54 PM »
Hey, thanks for the help.  I sure do appreciate it.

What I'm wondering is, what are the most important factors they look at in transfer students.  GPA?  Ranking?  Situation?  Intentions after law school?

I've heard great things about Brandeis, and I've been up to visit the campus, although I've not visited the law school itself.  I've been by there a couple of times though.

Also, I want to know if I'll be able to qualify for financial aid if I transfer.  I was told by an acquaintance that, if a person transfers, she isn't able to qualify for aid for the first year after the transfer.  I would ask my own financial aid office, but it's a small school and I don't want to mention transfering in case it doesn't end up happening.  You understand what I mean.

I've already requested an app packet from Brandeis, and I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail.  If you can answer any of my questions, or if you know of someone who can, I would greatly appreciate it.  You are most helpful.

Hey and, that other thing you mentioned about throwing my name into the hat would be a great thing too...
:)
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

runner8

• At the Cape of Good Hope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:37:49 AM »
Trouble-

Did you end up applying to Brandeis? I too would like to transfer there. I only submitted my application about a month ago. Were you ever able to determine the most important factors they look at for a transfer applicant? Thanks!
Accepted: Pitt, UK, Saint Louis (w/39K), Seton Hall(w/24K), Stetson (full ride), Maryland, Case Western
Rejected: BU