Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT craziness..I think I am going insane  (Read 721 times)

nkasyanyuk

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT craziness..I think I am going insane
« on: November 06, 2005, 02:31:51 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am totally new to this messege board thing, but was wondering if you all could tell me what your lsat studying was like. How often did you study and how did you overcome the problemcatic areas. I hate games. Dont know how to get better at em. Princeton Review's prep courses didnt help in this area. Are there some definate strategies or some techniques that are easier than others because so far, I have only followed the princeton review method and that isnt really working for me.

There was a member on here ( I think his name is Tracker?) that said he score a 147 the first time and studied like crazy for 2 months. If you are reading this...was is just sheer repetition or were you actually taking the time to understand each and every problem and evaluate what you are doing wrong?
If anyone else can provide some imput please do so..thanks

Jackson Smith

• View Profile
Re: LSAT craziness..I think I am going insane
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 05:08:52 PM »
I studied daily for about 3 months, and would regularly hit the mid 160's in practice tests; I ended up with a 160 on the actual LSAT. I was bummed because I KNOW I can do better. The test started at 9am and it sort of threw me off. I didn't get much sleep and my mind wasn't 100% clear.
3.5/160
In: UK($$), UArkansas($$), UPitt, UAkron($$)
Out: UDub, ND
Pending: Too many to list

celarkobri

Re: LSAT craziness..I think I am going insane
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 10:24:22 PM »
People on the other board (prelaw) may be of more help since they took it more recently than we did. I think the best advice I can offer is to practice practice practice. It's just a matter of training your brain to look at things a certain way.

I just took practice tests for the few months leading up to it and I did pretty well.