Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Working for Private Investigator  (Read 1429 times)

Aaron37

• View Profile
Working for Private Investigator
« on: November 04, 2005, 07:57:48 PM »
Anyone ever worked for a private investigator?  I'm thinking of doing it part time when I go back to New Orleans for next semester.  It seems interesting to me.  I bet I could learn a lot about gathering evidence, compiling a case, etc.  Anyone have any experience?
Attending: Tulane

ruskiegirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Working for Private Investigator
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 05:23:50 PM »
Anyone ever worked for a private investigator?  I'm thinking of doing it part time when I go back to New Orleans for next semester.  It seems interesting to me.  I bet I could learn a lot about gathering evidence, compiling a case, etc.  Anyone have any experience?

A judge that came to our school this week spoke about this.  He said it's boring work, not what you see on TV.  It's a lot of research.  Basically, they sit around and look through databases all day.  Sounds kinda dry to me, but hey, if that's your cup of tea.... ;)

Wild Jack Maverick

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I think I know the formula..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 01:51:28 PM »
many of them are known as "security companies" which hire fomer FBI and are licensed as private detective and investigative agencies
"I enjoy being in school. I've learned so much already, with taking economics and law, and I have marketing and statistics coming up next."

4dloveoflaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 11:25:16 AM »
I currently run an investigative firm.  If the firm you work for is trial prearation then you could gain alot of experience interviewing and interrogating witnesses.  On the other hand if you work for a firm that does fraud insurance work you could find yourself hinding in the bushes with a video camera.  Could be exciting though.  Good luck!    Chris.