Approximations:

Another T-4: Top Half (50%)
T-3: Top Third (33%)
T-2: Top Fifth (20%)
T-1: Top Tenth (10%)

LOL mp! ;) You are so funny!

Re: Transferring from T4 to another T4, T3, or T2
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 11:37:09 AM »
Thanks for the assistance. mp...i think you're pretty much dead on. I talked to admissions at Baltimore and Rutgers...Baltimore is looking for a C+ gpa, Rutgers is looking for a B. Our school sets the median at a C+
And coxless...I hope I'm in the position where you could punch me in the stomach. Moving from a T4 to another T4 would be a last resort with Widener being a complete last resort. All I care about is getting out of here...and that'll be enough motivation for me to study my ass off...if that means getting into a better school, then so be it. If I can do as well on my finals as I did on my midterms, I should have some options come July.

A C+ GPA?! Isn't it 2.30, a very low GPA?! I don't know where Baltimore sets the median (of the overall GPA, as opposed to the GPA for a certain curved class), but I believe most 4th tiers set the overall GPA of their first-year class around 2.80, which is a high B-.

As far as Widener is concerned -- if you go to their site you'll see that Widener sets its standards high with regard to transfers, it requires transfer candidates to be in the top third of their class -- a class rank that it's more typical for T3s to require for transfers. Just because a school is ranked lower in the US News, does not mean it has less stringent criteria than those ranked above, and vice-versa.

QUAKER OATS

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 02:36:24 PM »
"Whattheydon'ttellyou...."  Most schools do not care about LSAT and UGPA in tranfers.  Those are predictors of law school success.  Actual law school success is a much better "predictor" than predictors.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 02:56:44 PM »
Thanks for the assistance. mp...i think you're pretty much dead on. I talked to admissions at Baltimore and Rutgers...Baltimore is looking for a C+ gpa, Rutgers is looking for a B. Our school sets the median at a C+
And coxless...I hope I'm in the position where you could punch me in the stomach. Moving from a T4 to another T4 would be a last resort with Widener being a complete last resort. All I care about is getting out of here...and that'll be enough motivation for me to study my ass off...if that means getting into a better school, then so be it. If I can do as well on my finals as I did on my midterms, I should have some options come July.

A C+ GPA?! Isn't it 2.30, a very low GPA?! I don't know where Baltimore sets the median (of the overall GPA, as opposed to the GPA for a certain curved class), but I believe most 4th tiers set the overall GPA of their first-year class around 2.80, which is a high B-.

As far as Widener is concerned -- if you go to their site you'll see that Widener sets its standards high with regard to transfers, it requires transfer candidates to be in the top third of their class -- a class rank that it's more typical for T3s to require for transfers. Just because a school is ranked lower in the US News, does not mean it has less stringent criteria than those ranked above, and vice-versa.

The forced curve at UBalt is 2.25-2.75. 

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 02:36:39 AM »
If Baltimore sets their transferees' cut-off at around 2.30 it means they may be willing to accept top 65-75% (I think someone with a 2.80 GPA at Baltimore ranks top 50%) Kinda strange!

I also find just as strange the fact that certain T4s will set the GPA cut-off requirement at top 33%, I mean there are T1s that could be willing to take such transferees,

27. College of William and Mary (Marshall-Wythe)

In general, students should rank in the upper third of their class to be considered for admission with advanced standing.

http://www.wm.edu/law/prospective/admissions/otherapps_advstanding.shtml

Even Worse (Better)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 04:03:11 PM »
If Baltimore sets their transferees' cut-off at around 2.30 it means they may be willing to accept top 65-75% (I think someone with a 2.80 GPA at Baltimore ranks top 50%) Kinda strange!

I also find just as strange the fact that certain T4s will set the GPA cut-off requirement at top 33%, I mean there are T1s that could be willing to take such transferees,

In general, students should rank in the upper third of their class to be considered for admission with advanced standing.

32. Emory University (GA)

Standing in the upper one-half of class is required for consideration

http://www.law.emory.edu/cms/site/index.php?id=58

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 08:12:40 PM »

I also find just as strange the fact that certain T4s will set the GPA cut-off requirement at top 33%, I mean there are T1s that could be willing to take such transferees

Almost all T4s in big cities will have such requirement, I'd tend to believe, unless you're in fact dealing with money-hungry whore T4s

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 05:23:34 AM »
Of course not, ornela .. in fact, I'd say the top 33% thing is an anomaly for T4s ..

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 10:30:37 PM »
Can someone help me on the issue of what I would want to do to transfer from a mid 3T to a low 2T or a low T1 and if it would be worth it?

seine

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 04:16:11 AM »

William and Mary is full of morons, that's why ..