Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Student Business Cards  (Read 6187 times)

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Student Business Cards
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 06:57:02 PM »

"If you judge someone for that as being "pathetic and desperate" then you are truly pathetic and desparate yourself, finding whatever reason possible to make yourself feel superior to others."

so, the pot is calling the kettle black! why such the virulent attack??? didnt you learn how to interact with people on the playground in kindergarten? you have some deep rooted issues, which have surfaced in numerous posts. everything you say is insulting. stick to the topic.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2005, 07:07:38 PM »

"If you judge someone for that as being "pathetic and desperate" then you are truly pathetic and desparate yourself, finding whatever reason possible to make yourself feel superior to others."

stick to the topic.

I was sticking to the topic.  I'm sorry you don't like having your words thrown back at you.

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 08:27:46 PM »
cant you be nice to people??? what law school do you go to? are you the a-hole that sits alone at lunch b/c everyone hates you?

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 11:59:05 PM »
guys guys. cant we act like civilized people here?

:o

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2005, 12:03:37 AM »
im done...i just dont like people who want to make their point by insulting others. anyways...student business cards SUCK!!!

Ajude

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2005, 10:03:44 AM »
MP: I agree that it is strange that I still check this board.  In my defense, I am still a student (LLM program).  Also, the founder of the website is a good friend, so I became accustomed to checking while I was in school and never stopped.  From my perspective I am able to see that alot of the advice that is being doled out by law students, while probably well intentioned, is more for the benefit of the advisors.  In other words, I think alot of folks use these boards to make themselves feel more secure in choices that they have made.  For example, I have seen threads where people say that you must bring a laptop to class.  This is simply not the case.  I knew plenty of folks who either took notes in a notebook or didn't take notes at all and did well.  Anyone who tells a curious student that they need a laptop either: (a) works for Best Buy or (b) bought a laptop and want to feel as though they made the "correct" decision, whatever that means.  I believe that this thread is similar. 

As to your second point, if you reread my posts, except for the last post, I think it is clear that my comments are based on my own experience.  If they came off as universal truths, I apologize; that was not my intention.

ruskiegirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2005, 01:45:37 PM »
MP: I agree that it is strange that I still check this board.  In my defense, I am still a student (LLM program).  Also, the founder of the website is a good friend, so I became accustomed to checking while I was in school and never stopped.  From my perspective I am able to see that alot of the advice that is being doled out by law students, while probably well intentioned, is more for the benefit of the advisors.  In other words, I think alot of folks use these boards to make themselves feel more secure in choices that they have made.  For example, I have seen threads where people say that you must bring a laptop to class.  This is simply not the case.  I knew plenty of folks who either took notes in a notebook or didn't take notes at all and did well.  Anyone who tells a curious student that they need a laptop either: (a) works for Best Buy or (b) bought a laptop and want to feel as though they made the "correct" decision, whatever that means.  I believe that this thread is similar. 

As to your second point, if you reread my posts, except for the last post, I think it is clear that my comments are based on my own experience.  If they came off as universal truths, I apologize; that was not my intention.

I thank you for taking the time to check in and give us some perspective "from the other side."  I think some law students and pre-laws would be much better served if they extracted their heads from their asses and took a little time to listen to someone with experience.  Although your experiences may not represent a universal truth, I think that those experiences are much closer to the truth than anything a law student defiantly (and ignorantly) believes.  Just my two cents.  Thanks again for being here.