Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tater Torts  (Read 1551 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Tater Torts
« on: October 31, 2005, 09:31:48 AM »
I'm rooting around for a better torts supplement than I presently have (E&E) and was curious if people had any recommendations.

E&E is great but does not go into each tort in detail (e.g., assault and battery are the only int. torts he goes into) and I'd like something that gives me a specific chapter to a specific tort (like every other E&E...)

Thanks
Air Force JAG Corps

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tater Torts
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:02:05 AM »
Just use the Gilberts. That will be sufficient. Or, if you really want to simulate the E&E's (possibly more helpful actually), find some practice intentional torts E&E's online and use the Gilberts to develop responses. It's almost the same as using an E&E.

Adqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 08:09:40 PM »
I'm not taking Torts this semester, so I have nothing to add, but I did find your subject line amusing.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 09:53:51 PM »
Noted.
Hopefully my wit and pun skills will see me through law school and the bar.
Air Force JAG Corps

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 12:09:13 AM »
I meant to say "find some practice intentional Torts exams" NOT "practice intentional torts E&E's." (That doesn't even make sense.)

SJV

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 07:40:25 PM »
I've also found the torts E&E pretty disappointing.  It's great for an overview, but it needs more detail.
In: Chicago, NYU, Duke, Northwestern, Michigan, Penn, UVA, Georgetown
Pending: Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, UT Austin

Bobo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 08:21:57 PM »
I used the Glannon's E&Es for Torts, problem was, there were a few areas that my professor disagreed with.  Luckily, I caught those, but he mentioned that some people discussed them on their midterms, and he took off because it contradicted what he said in class.  So be careful with Glannon.

My own opinion of Glannon was that it was pretty sparse when it came to negligence, but I thought it was OK for the intentional torts.

Also, this professor suggests Questions and Answers: Torts (Lexis Bookstore).  It is all multiple choice with explanations as well.  I thought it was OK, but once again there were inconsistencies between my professor and the book.

inthesun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 11:16:06 PM »
Who wrote your casebook?  Sometimes professors write hornbooks or outlines (or even E & Es).  If your professor authored a study guide, I would suggest that first and foremost.  My professor authored a tort outline and if your prof did you can count on that being pretty on point with what you are doing in class.  I would also recommend Glannon's E & E.  Good luck! 

runaroundrachel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 03:25:52 PM »
If your schools BARBRI reps do the video study aids... the Torts one is really helpful... he goes over all the questions that could be asked on a torts exam... It helped me a lot!

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 06:08:03 PM »
I have an interesting torts prof, who prefers to talk about anything but actually substantive law...so, I have found (and it was recommended to me) the Black Letter Law on Torts by Kionka very helpful.  A nice short concise skeleton outline...which creates a solid foundation for my professors pontificating...