Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring and the LSAT: Please Help!!!!!  (Read 639 times)

sam162

• View Profile
Transferring and the LSAT: Please Help!!!!!
« on: October 28, 2005, 10:53:49 AM »
OK, so I have a craptacular LSAT.  I'm in a decent school (median GPA 3.6, LSAT 157) and I seem to be doing well above average.

If I finish in the top 5% of my class, are better schools going to laugh at my application when they come accross my 156 LSAT???  What sorts of schools could I get into assuming I did really well in 1L?

How much will they factor my unfortunate LSAT score in?  My undergrad average is 3.5 at a really good school, if that matters. 

What does it take to transfer into a top school or it is even possible with such a 156 LSAT?

Thanks.

lawsuperstar

• View Profile
Re: Transferring and the LSAT: Please Help!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 03:55:21 PM »
This question was already answered on the transfer board, but I'll fill you in anyways.  I transferred from a T4 school to a T1 school this year so I know firsthand that the only thing they care about when you transfer is your class rank.  I was top 5% of my class with a 154 LSAT and I was able to get into a T1 (top 20) without any problem.  A 156 isn't really that bad unless you're trying to go to Harvard or Yale and then yes, you probably won't get in even as a transfer with that low of a score.

Krisace

• View Profile
Re: Transferring and the LSAT: Please Help!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 02:49:45 AM »
I agree.  Just finish top 10% and you'll have a shot at most tier 1 schools outside of the T-14...maybe even a few within as well.