Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Back up your notes!  (Read 448 times)

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
Back up your notes!
« on: October 23, 2005, 08:06:13 PM »
I have been saving all of my notes and outlines on a USBS stick that I carry around with me on my keychain so that I can work on things at my PC and on my laptop.  I went to Houston this weekend and when I got back I realized that my USBS stick was no longer on my keychain.

I have been intermittently backing up my disk but even so I have lost about 2 weeks of notes and outlines in two of my classs. 

Don't make my mistake!  Back up your notes every couple of days.
Attending: Texas

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Back up your notes!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 08:15:36 PM »
Yahoo briefcase, folks.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 10:23:27 PM »
It's also a good idea to not carry around something as important as the USB drive you backup with around on a keychain.  I leave my USB drive at home in a desk drawer, and if I have to take it with me, I put it in a zippered pocket in my laptop bag or back pack.

At least you didn't lose anything, and you're just backing it up now. 

I have been saving all of my notes and outlines on a USBS stick that I carry around with me on my keychain so that I can work on things at my PC and on my laptop.  I went to Houston this weekend and when I got back I realized that my USBS stick was no longer on my keychain.

I have been intermittently backing up my disk but even so I have lost about 2 weeks of notes and outlines in two of my classs. 

Don't make my mistake!  Back up your notes every couple of days.

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 12:36:59 PM »
Yahoo briefcase, folks.

Amen, brother.