Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So what's the Low Down on UofH?  (Read 11806 times)

margee

So what's the Low Down on UofH?
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:14:07 PM »
Does anyone have any useful tips about U of H? 

I'm not actually in law school yet, but I'm pretty sure I want to go to UofH based on location, reputation, moot court, etc.  The problem is, I can't get much info besides the standard LSAT scores, GPAs, etc.  The other stuff is WAY more important to me. 

How challenging are the classes?  Any horror stories?  Any boredom? 

What about scholarships?  Who gets them?  How much?

If I'm going to sit in on one class, what should it be? (or who?)

Any information at all would be appreciated, even if you just want to vent about how terrible the food selection is.

JoeG

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: So what's the Low Down on UofH?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 03:48:52 PM »
If you are interested in location and moot court reputation you should go to South Texas College of Law in Houston instead.  STX shits all over UofH.

Anastasia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 11:21:36 PM »
Does anyone have any useful tips about U of H? 

I'm not actually in law school yet, but I'm pretty sure I want to go to UofH based on location, reputation, moot court, etc.  The problem is, I can't get much info besides the standard LSAT scores, GPAs, etc.  The other stuff is WAY more important to me. 

How challenging are the classes?  Any horror stories?  Any boredom? 

What about scholarships?  Who gets them?  How much?

If I'm going to sit in on one class, what should it be? (or who?)

Any information at all would be appreciated, even if you just want to vent about how terrible the food selection is.

I just started UofH and love it so far.  My classes are interesting.  The profs are great and approachable.  Students are super-friendly, smart, & down-to-earth.

Don't know anything about scholarships.

I chose to go to UH because it has one of the cheapest tuitions in the country, is located in a diverse, major metropolitan city, and has the third largest legal market in the US with not a lot of other competing graduating law students.

I think any of my profs classes would be worth sitting in on..shoot me a pm if you would like specific names.
Learn from your parents' mistakes; use birth control.

Bobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 11:27:23 PM »

I chose to go to UH because it has one of the cheapest tuitions in the country, is located in a diverse, major metropolitan city, and has the third largest legal market in the US with not a lot of other competing graduating law students.

I think any of my profs classes would be worth sitting in on..shoot me a pm if you would like specific names.

I don't mean to nitpick, but is Houston really the third largest legal market in the country?  I'm thinking New York, Chicago, DC, Los Angeles would all be bigger....  Maybe Top 5, definately top 10, but 3rd?

Anastasia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 01:35:22 PM »

I don't mean to nitpick, but is Houston really the third largest legal market in the country?  I'm thinking New York, Chicago, DC, Los Angeles would all be bigger....  Maybe Top 5, definately top 10, but 3rd?

I guess to be super formal...it hops around between 3-6 with DC, San Francisco, Boston, and LA.  OP is correct that Houston is 4th largest city.  Another thing to consider when looking at that though is how many strong law schools there are in Boston, NYC, LA, DC.  No competition like that in Houston.
Learn from your parents' mistakes; use birth control.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 07:31:17 PM »

How's parking at UH Law Center? 

blueb73

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 05:11:48 PM »
all this stuff, and then she doesnt go to UH!!!!

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »
all this stuff, and then she doesnt go to UH!!!!

I wonder where she goes now.  Better be UT or one of those Top 14.

blueb73

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »
i wont spill her beans, but its a good school...

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 04:55:20 PM »
i wont spill her beans, but its a good school...

UH is not a good school?   

Vandy?