Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone know any good schools for International Business Law?Im an undergrad  (Read 1526 times)

FlawQuestionsSuck

• View Profile
    • Email
International Business Law is what I want to be under, but I'm not sure which schools have that specialty.  I'm trying to figure out if there is a list or something.  I havne't had much luck.  Can someone help me?  Thanks

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
that is a very broad area
check the footnotes ya'll

FlawQuestionsSuck

• View Profile
    • Email
really? I always thought it was pretty specific since it's more specific than just corporate law.  I'm just looking for schools that are strong under that field, but I don't know how to find that easily.  I don't want to check every school one at a time if there's an easier way to do it.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Get the US News Rankings, and check the list for the top International Law programs.  Schools that have strong Int'l Law programs will have an array of courses in international business.

Even if it's not a top program, there will be a good number of courses, actually.  I looked at Emory's catalog, and we have 7 classes that could be catagorized as "Int'l business," in addition to other more traditional "business" courses and the option for a dual JD/MBA in international business.

Wild Jack Maverick

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I think I know the formula..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
International Business Law is what I want to be under, but I'm not sure which schools have that specialty.  I'm trying to figure out if there is a list or something.  I havne't had much luck.  Can someone help me?  Thanks

LOL, why yes there is probably a 'list or something'. If there isn't one written yet, perhaps I could assign someone to make one.
"I enjoy being in school. I've learned so much already, with taking economics and law, and I have marketing and statistics coming up next."

SLJ0720

• View Profile
From what I remember when applying to law schools in Ohio, Case Western has a good international law program.  You also could do a search for LLMs in International Law to find some more schools. 

eray01

really? I always thought it was pretty specific since it's more specific than just corporate law.  I'm just looking for schools that are strong under that field, but I don't know how to find that easily.  I don't want to check every school one at a time if there's an easier way to do it.

When you get to law school you'll realize it's hard to be specific about areas of the law because they're all extremely broad and encompass alot of smaller subject areas. And, those smaller subject areas encompass even smaller subject areas which encompass even smaller. . . Well, you get the point.

Bobo

• View Profile
Just think of the Top International Law Programs at Universities that also have good business schools.  I think NYU would be at the top of the list, Stanford, Harvard, Yale would all rank high in my opinion.

Also, I think if you are looking for a truly international focus, you would probably want to stick to major metropolitan areas (NYC, Chicago, Bay Area....)

This is just an opinion though, I'm sure there are some exceptions.

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Go to a very good law school, and get good grades.  Both of those factors are more important than going to school that "specializes." 
And it's very helpful to be fluent in other languages.

dcbargirl

• View Profile
    • Email
What exactly is international business law? Representing international companies? You do that when you're a corporate associate at any major firm and it's not called international business law. Is it working abroad for companies? Legal fields that affect companies that transact business abroad, like international trade law?