Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Example Transfer Personal Statements  (Read 8750 times)

Ben

• View Profile
    • Email
Example Transfer Personal Statements
« on: October 04, 2005, 01:42:42 PM »

I am a 2L that transferred from Cooley to a 2nd tier Law School. I created a web site with example transfer personal statements (more to be added soon) and a fee waiver form. Feel free to copy the text and use it as a starting point to begin your essay.

http://www.changeofvenue.blogspot.com/

ls77

• View Profile
Re: Example Transfer Personal Statements
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 03:33:02 PM »
Ben,

Could you elaborate on being a student at Cooley?  I will be attending there soon.

Thanks.

nate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 03:40:30 PM »
the fact that he transferred probably says quite a bit.

ben...

is it true that cooley makes it near impossible for their students to transfer?
GW

Ben

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 04:33:14 PM »
No, despite all the wild rumors Cooley does not make it impossible to transfer. In fact for the most part I had a good experience there. I had an amazing Contracts and Civil Procedure professor that really made the class fun, despite being in a room for 3 hours. It does take a few weeks for transcripts to go out but that is pretty typical at any large school.

ls77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 08:15:07 PM »
Ben,

Where are some good places to look for housing?   I'd really appreciate some recommendations.   Also, any other tips for an incoming 1L ?
Thanks.

nate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 12:59:03 AM »
Ben,

Where are some good places to look for housing?   I'd really appreciate some recommendations.   Also, any other tips for an incoming 1L ?
Thanks.

i lived in the area until i moved for law school a few months ago. seriously, do not live in some obscure area in lansing...i hear it's miserable. there are plenty of apartment complexes in east lansing that cater to serious students (graduate), and that includes cooley law students. check those out. it's only a bus-ride away, really, and a lot of cooley students seem to like that.
GW

jjason

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 06:28:20 PM »
Lansing is "miserable" how? I'm curious.

cooley 1L

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 01:59:28 PM »
check out chandler crossings complexes

nate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 12:31:04 AM »
"Lansing is "miserable" how? I'm curious."

i mean no offense if you live there and like it. i once lived on the edge of lansing and hated it. maybe it's nice to live near the capitol, i don't know. but i don't know anyone who's ever been happy living as a student in lansing. it always seems to be either an extremely lonely area or a semi-sketchy one. either way, it's an atmosphere that can be avoided by living a mile down in east lansing. things are much more pleasant there.

EDIT: hmm...do you really have to lower my reputation points because i insulted lansing?
GW

jjason

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 10:17:53 PM »
hey. who me?? I didn't lower your rankings points!! Honest - I don't even know how. Nor do I no how to tell why my own ranking is -2.

No, I asked for more details on "miserable" only out of curiosity. Just a few months ago, I went to Detroit mid-November and took a trip to Lansing. After seeing for myself, I totally agree with what you're saying. East Lansing or even the developing western part of Lansing is much better. Downtown seems rundown a bit.