Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sum & Substance CDs  (Read 974 times)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Sum & Substance CDs
« on: October 03, 2005, 08:28:56 PM »
Has anyone used these?  I have heard they are good, but are they worth $70?  To clarify, I already have COs and E&Es for each class.  I am interested in a way to make my time at the gym and walks to school more productive. 

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Sum & Substance CDs
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 09:34:59 PM »
I used the sum and substance CDs for crim and got an A last year. I thought they worked wonders.
check the footnotes ya'll

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 10:23:21 PM »
Has anyone used these?  I have heard they are good, but are they worth $70?  To clarify, I already have COs and E&Es for each class.  I am interested in a way to make my time at the gym and walks to school more productive. 

i have the sum and substance for crim. it's good. i tried listening while at the gym but couldnt focus. i listened in to them in the car, and i was able to concentrate enough to absorb a good amount of it (only had to rewind to listen again once and awhile). however, i have a friend who listened to the same cds in the car, and she couldn't understand it. she had to keep rewinding so she decided not to do it.

i also have the con law ones. theyre really boring (surprise, it's con law). they seem pretty good though -- hard to tell because i know nothing about con law.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 06:43:13 PM »
I recently got the Civ Pro set by Miller and have been quite happy with it so far.
I can't comment on the rest of the subjects but Miller does a great job of saying what is testable, what isn't testable, and how profs go about testing you on specific issues (how a federal question issue may be used to trick you, deal with diversity like this, etc).

A solid investment.
Air Force JAG Corps

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 11:16:15 PM »
yea i considered that one. do you listen to it at home or in the car? i figured civ pro is so boring and complicated that i would have trouble concentrating on it in the car.

I recently got the Civ Pro set by Miller and have been quite happy with it so far.
I can't comment on the rest of the subjects but Miller does a great job of saying what is testable, what isn't testable, and how profs go about testing you on specific issues (how a federal question issue may be used to trick you, deal with diversity like this, etc).

A solid investment.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 01:01:04 PM »
In the car.

Miller does a good job of breaking it down and making it relevent (and occasionally humorous) to where I don't zone out.

I have a feeling that I would be better suited to do it at home where I could make notations however. With the volume of tips you can glean from the CD, it would make more sense to write them down.
Air Force JAG Corps

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 04:10:06 PM »
cool

In the car.

Miller does a good job of breaking it down and making it relevent (and occasionally humorous) to where I don't zone out.

I have a feeling that I would be better suited to do it at home where I could make notations however. With the volume of tips you can glean from the CD, it would make more sense to write them down.