Law School Discussion

IEFAC? I-A-FU*KED...

IEFAC? I-A-FU*KED...
« on: September 30, 2005, 12:13:43 PM »
Anybody else struggling through contracts?  I keep using that Blum E&E supplement before class, then get to class, and it doesn't even help - given my professor's teaching style.  For instance, while most profs apparently start Contracts with Offer, mine started with Consideration.  And my professor is so stuck on IEFAC, just understanding the concepts won't get me more than a D on the final, unless I can format my little IEFAC correctly.

Seriously, does anyone have any good resources for getting the hang of IEFAC?  Like I said, I'm getting the course concepts, did well on 3 finals I took during the summer (so I'm not a horrible writer), but I'm terrified of THIS exam.  We just IEFACed a practice problem, and while I could spot all the potential issues and articulated my analysis well, I fell through the trap door on one issue, determined 'No K' and called it good.  Turns out I was wrong, should have found a K, and probably would have failed if I'd pulled that on a final. 

So, my question is: Is there any good resource for practicing IEFAC??????  E&E's are worthless for this since they just test concepts...

Thanks for the insight.

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
Re: IEFAC? I-A-FU*KED...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 08:46:58 PM »
I have the best K professor!  He took K under this guy named Farnsworth and he is always talking about Farnsworth's hornbook.  Several of my classmates have it and think it is pretty good.

Re: IEFAC? I-A-FU*KED...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 12:24:25 PM »
I have the best K professor!  He took K under this guy named Farnsworth and he is always talking about Farnsworth's hornbook.  Several of my classmates have it and think it is pretty good.

For good reason.  Farnsworth is one of the leading figures in Contracts in the last half century or so.  Taking Contracts from him is like taking Torts from Prosser