Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: One more call-back interview question  (Read 2183 times)

Krisace

• View Profile
One more call-back interview question
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:42:04 PM »
It has now been 2-2 1/2 weeks since I had a bunch of screening interviews.  Any 2L's or 3L's out there do anything at this point...or have success with call-backs?  I still haven't heard from about half of the firms. Is a quick email to the OCI interviewer inappropriate just to reiterate my interest in a couple of these firms?

Did any third years get good news at this point of the wait?

ruskiegirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: One more call-back interview question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 09:56:29 PM »
It has now been 2-2 1/2 weeks since I had a bunch of screening interviews.  Any 2L's or 3L's out there do anything at this point...or have success with call-backs?  I still haven't heard from about half of the firms. Is a quick email to the OCI interviewer inappropriate just to reiterate my interest in a couple of these firms?

Did any third years get good news at this point of the wait?

I don't think it's time to worry yet, especially if you are interviewing with firms that are outside the region in which your law school is located.  Some firms will go to committee yet again before deciding on call-backs so that may be the hangup in your case.  On the other hand, if you have begun to get a ton of rejections, you should immediately meet with your career counselor and discuss an alternative strategy. 

Basically, it comes down to this: if no one from your school has heard anything from a firm yet, it's not time to worry.  If you know of classmates who have gotten callbacks from the firm you are waiting for, chances are you will be rejected.  It's just a matter of keeping up with what's going on with your classmates.

i realize that a lot of people don't like to talk to others about call-backs, for fear of having too few or too many, but there are ways besides face to face conversations to spread the news.  A classmate of mine has compiled a list of firms that have either given out callbacks or sent out rejections on his blog.  Peoople email him anonymously and he updates the list.  It really helps everyone see where they stand.

Krisace

• View Profile
Re: One more call-back interview question
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 09:51:05 AM »
Thanks, much appreciated.