Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Professor Lines This Year  (Read 10779 times)

json

• View Profile
Re: Best Professor Lines This Year
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2005, 05:57:35 PM »
"The defendant didn't know what it was, and he didn't know what it looked like, but could he describe it?"
You can kid the world.  But not your sister.

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2005, 12:22:16 AM »
Crim Law discussion on rape:

Rape is complete upon penetration, no matter how slight...and we aren't talking about the size of his winkie!!!

gh@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2005, 08:34:42 AM »
Crim Law discussion on rape:

Rape is complete upon penetration, no matter how slight...and we aren't talking about the size of his winkie!!!

We did not discuss rape in Crimimal Law ... I was so disappointed .. and kinda envious you did ...  8)

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2005, 12:32:41 PM »
Yeah...it's pretty enjoyable to listen to your law professor talk about "inchworms" :)

up_late

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2005, 03:48:56 PM »
"Maybe when you become judges you’ll have wisdom and even if people don’t understand why you made your decision they’ll still have faith in it."

"Philosophizing by 21 and 22 year olds is not worth much."

"How do you know when enough is enough?"

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2005, 07:52:42 PM »
I love this guy.
All from the same class:

"One year I said I'd give an extra point to anybody who could work 'bastard' into their essay on the final exam. Never in my life have I seen more profanity."

"You're going to make a great lawyer. You know why? You just talked to me for what? Five minutes? And you said absolutely nothing. Did you read this case?"

[After he caught some putz trying to take his picture with a camera phone]
"What are you doing, you jackass?! This is like Vegas, baby! What you see in here STAYS IN HERE!!! You want a picture? Take a picture of this!!!! [Flips him off]"

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2005, 08:49:34 PM »
Crim law student, answering Q about mens rea: Wonton recklessness.

Prof: Chinese recklessness?

bceagle

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2005, 08:52:41 PM »
I love this guy.
All from the same class:

"One year I said I'd give an extra point to anybody who could work 'bastard' into their essay on the final exam. Never in my life have I seen more profanity."

"You're going to make a great lawyer. You know why? You just talked to me for what? Five minutes? And you said absolutely nothing. Did you read this case?"

[After he caught some putz trying to take his picture with a camera phone]
"What are you doing, you jackass?! This is like Vegas, baby! What you see in here STAYS IN HERE!!! You want a picture? Take a picture of this!!!! [Flips him off]"

he is hilarious, he actually make civ pro tolerable.

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2005, 09:17:13 PM »
Absolutely the best. I was trying to keep his name off the 'net though, regarding that whole "Vegas" comment. I'd hate for him to find me and kill me.

MichaelK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2005, 09:44:12 PM »
Not so much one line, but you have to work to keep a straight face in my Torts class because otherwise the professor will start to scream at you.  This is compounded by the fact that every hypo he gives relates to death or serious injury in some form.  For example, when we covered Self Defense, someone counted 15 hypos involving someone taking out a gun and shooting someone else.  When that was all played out the professor started using pitbulls going for people's jugular.  He also has some weird fascination with using young children in his hypotheticals.  After H.E. Butt Groc. Co. v. Resendez, he gave a hypothetical of a five year old girl running down the aisle in a supermarket, slipping on a piece of cheese, and cracking her skull open.  And if the hypos are not enough, in one class we spent 5 minutes discussing the proper pronunciation of "Gyro"
Current 1L