Law School Discussion

Best Professor Lines This Year

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
Re: Best Professor Lines This Year
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2005, 02:00:24 PM »
This is not a best professor line, but is the funniest (and stupidest) reply I have heard from a student:

Female professor, referring to Hanson v Denckla, asks: Why is there a problem in this case?

Male student raises his hand and in a completely serious tone says: Because all of the parties were women.

BigTex

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2005, 02:01:56 PM »
This is not a best professor line, but is the funniest (and stupidest) reply I have heard from a student:

Female professor, referring to Hanson v Denckla, asks: Why is there a problem in this case?

Male student raises his hand and in a completely serious tone says: Because all of the parties were women.

You can't hang that out there without telling us the professor's response. do tell!  :)

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2005, 02:23:25 PM »
I don't remember exactly what she said but it went something like this:

The professor said to the woman of the class, "Ladies, I think that deserves a boo.."

All of the women in the class boo'd him.

Then she said, "Mr. So-and-so, in the future when you are speaking to a group that is at least 40 percent female you may want to consider monitoring your comments a little better."

She seemed to take his comments in good humor.

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2005, 09:56:36 AM »
Civil Procedure Prof. -  "Let me try and lead you out onto limb and see if I can make you fall"

Same class, Same prof. -  Student:  "I don't know where you want me to look for the answer"
                          Prof.:    "How about inside your head?"

Those silly professors...

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2005, 11:09:18 AM »
Civ Pro: "If you throw an absolute into the sea, it becomes a fish"

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2005, 05:01:31 PM »
"This is law school, not fair school."
regarding a present interest and a future interest,"they go together like a fat chick and a cat, where you have one you have the other."

eray01

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2005, 08:36:20 PM »
That's awesome. That's the best one yet. That could be changed to say, "like a hot girl and her fat friend, where one goes there's always the other."

eray01

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005, 11:19:24 AM »
Oooh. I got defamed for that last one. Probably by a fat friend.

Leaf2001br

• My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2005, 04:45:18 PM »
After prof stumps the class with a question, everyone furiously flips through casebooks searching for a clue... Noticing everyone buried in the book, he suggests,

"Try looking in the blue.  That's where the answers usually come from... Out of the blue." 

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 06:32:27 AM »
Prop professor keeps the business cards from a local truck-driving school on hand.  he doles them out with the admonition that "you've better luck getting to graduation there."