Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gunner Bingo  (Read 1372 times)

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
Gunner Bingo
« on: September 26, 2005, 07:37:36 PM »
Here's a great new game to play, perfect for those of you in sections where a big group has all their classes together.

1. Select Gunner- One, maybe two people per class.  Make sure it's someone who is a) talkative, and b) totally unaware of contempt that people feel toward them.
2. Select Words and Scoring- Around here, words change every week, but "bingo" is always the highest scoring word.  We have four words this week, but you could have a bigger list of words that stays around for the whole semester.
3. Game Play- Every time the gunner speaks, you want to be the next person to be called on by the professor.  This can be worth points as well.  The object is to use the words of the week in your comment/answer.  You do not necessarily need to respond to what the gunner said.  All you need to do is use the words.  You could also assign points for raising hands, and bonuses for using multiple words in one answer.
4. Stats and Prizes- Make a simple website or blog where scores can be updated.  You can award prizes, get a pool of money, or whatever.

kernelgt

Re: Gunner Bingo
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 01:41:31 AM »
honestly, this sounds pretty awesome.  sweet post.  But sometimes you've just got to love the bizarre and random hypo the gunner proposes...you know the ones, where the prof just looks at him as if a male private part's growing out of his forehead.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 09:55:46 AM »
Exactly, which you respond to with "Well, if the judge really looked at that way, it would just be another tool (10 pts) for him to decide on these issues just like pulling out bingo (20 pts) balls." (10 pt bonus for two words)

procrastinator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:27:10 PM »
bump. haha

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 12:36:51 AM »
Awesome.

We've got so bad a gunner in our Contracts class that you can hear the collective groan/sigh when she starts talking ... WITHOUT being called on sometimes, mind you.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 01:09:24 AM »
My 1L year, we did a gunner fantasy draft.  I think it was like 1 point for asking a question, and 2 for posing a hypo or something like that.  I was drafted third round, I was kinda a dissapointment to the kid that got me.