Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: After the transfer...  (Read 1245 times)

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
After the transfer...
« on: September 25, 2005, 03:31:08 PM »
Ok, I decided if possible I'd like to transfer. My question is after the transfer, how hard is it to get "in" with your class? Law school is def not social hour, but its always good to have a few peers you can depend on. Any successful transfers have any insight?

adverb

• View Profile
Re: After the transfer...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 08:31:24 PM »
In terms of social life, I had a hard time adjusting.  This is probably because most students in their second year already have a group of friends and aren't as actively willing to make other friends.  But I'd say that you'll at least make a few good friends in each of your classes, since the people who sit next to you obviously have to socialize with you at some point in the semester :)

But that shouldn't discourage you too much.  Social life is important, but you go to law school mainly for your career.  Or at least that's how I see it.  By the way, I transferred to a Top 5.

nate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 09:42:17 PM »
But that shouldn't discourage you too much.  Social life is important, but you go to law school mainly for your career.  Or at least that's how I see it.  By the way, I transferred to a Top 5.

can i ask where you transferred from, or at the least, what tier? i'm considering transferring, and just want to weigh my options. thanks!
GW

adverb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 06:04:32 AM »
From a T2 :)